Pregnant after IF
Options

due dates for IVF babies

Do you think that it is more common for a singleton IVF baby to be delivered on or close to the due date since the doctor actually calculated from the conception date instead of LMP? I keep thinking that I'm going to go late because its common for first time moms to be late, but I read something yesterday that said this is usually just because women don't actually know their cycles that well and the due date was miscalculated.

I know that I can't know when I will go into labor, but I am is trying to schedule appointments for my last few weeks at the office before maternity leave and obviously its difficult when I don't really know how much time I have.

IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

Re: due dates for IVF babies

• Options

Interesting articles out there.  IVF with ICSI does have higher preterm rates than non-IF assisted pregnancies.

Found this from the March of Dimes:

Medical risks
    Certain medical conditions during pregnancy may increase the likelihood that a woman will have preterm labor. These conditions include:

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Super interesting I haven't heard that before.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My RE moved my due date up a day at my viability scan based on the baby's size at the time.  Go figure it now coincides with my LMP!

TTC #1 since 7/08 After 3 years, 2 losses, 3 rounds of IUI, and one round of IVF, we finally have our dream come true! DS born 7/30/11

TTC #2 off and on since 7/12

• Options
    imagenjohnson1972:

Interesting articles out there.  IVF with ICSI does have higher preterm rates than non-IF assisted pregnancies.

Found this from the March of Dimes:

Medical risks
    Certain medical conditions during pregnancy may increase the likelihood that a woman will have preterm labor. These conditions include:

Wow - that is really interesting. Wonder why? My naturally conceived DD came at 37 weeks and i'm thinking this one will do about the same. I hope not earlier just b/c she was IVF though LOL. She needs to bake!

• Options
    We weren't on time. She was two weeks and a day late  :-)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"