November 2011 Moms
Options

Constipation AND Diarrhea (sorry, TMI :-/)

I know that constipation in early pregnancy is considered normal, but what about diarrhea? Actually, mine kind of alternate. I go from being constipated for a couple of days to having diarrhea. With the diarrhea, I don't have to go anymore than usual, the stool is just "loose." I know this is entirely TMI, but is anyone else experiencing this? Or have you experienced this? Thank you, ladies! Smile

Re: Constipation AND Diarrhea (sorry, TMI :-/)

• Options

I have the same thing, I have IBS so I usually have diarrhea all the time. I've learned to live with it. But lately I go from between the two. I won't go for 2 days, and then have the horrible diarrhea.

And don't worry, I don't think theres anything TMI on this board anymore - bleeding, poop, sex, it comes with the territory! ;)

• Options
    Ahh! Me!! I can't figure out my bowels either.  Either I'm completely bloated from holding everything in or I've got cramps from letting it all go.  I thought maybe there was something that I was eating that was triggering the "looseness" because I'm on Crinone which normally causes a lot of constipation.  Will be curious to see what others have to say.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG! thank you for posting this!  I was starting to wonder what the heck was going on with me... I am the same... constipated for a few days...then about 2-3 days later..diarrhea...so I can feel better and you can feel better..we're not alone!! ha ha
  • Options
    oh yeah your not alone!!! Same thing here nothing for couple of days then I go it seems like all day..and it gets softer each time. I'm just glad to be going ...lol
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had the same exact thing! Well last week it changed and now it is just constipated. I am miserable. Prepare for that - eat lots of fiber and drink tons of water. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Me too...it was mostly diarrhea and this week the constipation is killing me. My poor butt actually hurts when I try to go. My doctor said I could take colace, which I started last night. I FINALLY pooed and it felt so good!
  • Options
    I'm with ya!! Both are painful :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    With both of my pregnancies horrible diarrhea was actually my first pregnancy symptom.  My OB chuckled when I told him that, but said it is entirely possible due to the hormones.  Now I am alternating between diarrhea and constipation as well.  Not fun at all...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been having this too.  And I think "what did I eat?" but what I eat doesn't seem to make a huge amount of difference regardless.
  • Options
    Oh thank goodness I was starting to think I was alone! I went for my 24 week check up, told my doc I go from being constipated for a week or so then the runs for a week or so, then normal for a week then the cycle starts all over. I told my doc when I have diarreah it's not bothersome or painful and not all day sort of a relief after being constipated, I know weird. I started to get worried thinking it was food poising, a food allergy, lack of something, possibly too much Kefir to relieve the constipation but regardless food makes little difference. In fact I told my doc if I have one thing to gripe about in pregnancy is the bowel issues. I have never in my life had so much digestive upset & inconsistency. My urine was fine, and all my vitals were fine the fact I was not running to the bathroom all day, vomiting, & wasn't in pain she didn't seem worried. She explained pregnancy & hormones are very disruptive of the bowels and can make you feel as if you have lost total control. My advice is drink lots of water, don't stress it'll only make it worse, I don't like bananas so I drink coconut water & eat sweet potatoes to help. Hang in there girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"