Manual Breast Pump- Medela vs. Lansinoh — The Bump
May 2011 Moms

Manual Breast Pump- Medela vs. Lansinoh

I'll be home for 12 weeks to breastfeed so instead of buying an expensive electric pump, I am picking up a manual one. I've heard they are great for relieving excess milk in between feeding. I've narrowed my decision down to two pumps- the Medela Harmony Manual or the Lansinoh Manual. They both have really good ratings. Does anyone have experience with either of these pumps? Or pumps in general?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: Manual Breast Pump- Medela vs. Lansinoh

• Well, 3 yrs ago I used the Avent Isis (which I loved), but I think they don't make it anymore? I dunno.

I've heard nuthin but great things about the Medela though.. and I heard they are compatible w/Dr Browns bottles, if you know you're using them. 

• Neither...Avent Isis. I loved and continue to love mine. 

It gets out a ton of milk, and although there is a learning curve (that little flower thing in the middle flips itself now and again) the softcup and massagey bubble thingies are just awesome. I was able to get way more milk quicker than with my PISA, but obviously used it only in a pinch since you can only do one side at a time. 

****Formerly known as Pattypoundcake****
    [IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/x426wx.gif[/IMG]

Sewing blog of a sewing Noob
  • I went with the Medela Harmony because when I was asking around that is the one I heard the most positive feedback on.  I haven't used it yet though, so I'm not much help.  And we have a crap ton of Dr. Brown's bottles so if LO likes them it will be nice that it's compatible.
  • I've heard equally good things about the Avent Isis and the Medela Harmony.  We got the Medela only because I will be getting a Medela full electric pump and the bottles are compatible (so I'll have more to pump into) and they don't sell the Avent in stores here.  It was just easier.

Missed m/c 11.09 | Missed m/c 3.10 | We miss you & love you so.
    ~ ~ ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Formerly toddandjulie
  • image toddandjulie:
    I've heard equally good things about the Avent Isis and the Medela Harmony.  .

This. I couldn't find the Isis, and was going for the Harmony.  

• Well Medela offers a footstool to use

with the pump you get from the hospital.

though if you talk to your OB he can prescribe a electric pump for you.

so that your insurance will pay for most of it.

you can also get a free pump through wic.        

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards