3rd Trimester
Options

Measuring big & failed 1 hr GT

Had my appt to day and measured 29 at 27 wks, failed 1 hr. glucose test with a reading of 144, the nurse said 135 was the limit.  Have to take the 3 hr gt tomorrow morning.  I know gestational diabetes can result in high birth weights, and since I'm measuring over, it looks like I may have it.  I've read several posts about failing the 1st test and passing the 2nd, but not in conjunction with a large measurement.  Anyone else experience anything similar?

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Measuring big & failed 1 hr GT

• Options

If you're talking about a fundal height measurement, I wouldn't throw a lot of stock into it.

Additionally, I was told 2 weeks in either direction is fine. Its when you're 3 or 4 weeks in either direction there may be reason for concern. 

I've been 2 weeks ahead the entire pregnancy and do not have GD.

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Options

I also failed the 1 hour test and was measuring 1.5 wks ahead at the time.  I passed the 3 hour just fine!  I believe that the one hour test was skewed because of my eating earlier that day.  Maybe this is the case with you? 

Anyway, good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrs.HAW:

I also failed the 1 hour test and was measuring 1.5 wks ahead at the time.  I passed the 3 hour just fine!  I believe that the one hour test was skewed because of my eating earlier that day.  Maybe this is the case with you? 

Anyway, good luck! 

The one hour test not supposed to be a fasting test so unless you had a large Slushee for lunch with a side of Skittles, eating shouldn't affect the results. 

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Options

The bottle of glucola has instructions that say to achieve the best results, you should fast. Regardless....

This is my second baby. I've taken 3 one hour tests, and failed all by 1 single point. I've taken 2 three hour tests and passed both. I'm always measured ahead, sometimes by as much as 9 weeks, ya I know, I just carry really high and they get in weird position in there so I measure huge sometimes. I just get a few extra ultrasounds near the end to make sure all if fine when I'm measuring so big. My first was 8lbs even so not a giant. I truly wouldn't worry. Measuring 2 weeks ahead is nothing. Maybe the table wasn't totally flat, maybe the baby is pushing out weird, maybe they are measuring a fraction of an inch lower or higher on your belly. 2 weeks ahead = 2cm total, it's really not that hard to measure ahead. 

• Options
    Ive never failed a test, but ive been measuring 2 cm ahead since I was 24 weeks. This Monday i went in and i measured 3 am ahead, so I had a u/s to see if the baby was big, or what was going on. Turns out I just have a lot of fluid, same as with DS, where i measured 41 weeks at only 38!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Just keep in mind that measurements can be off by quite a bit, so I wouldn't take that as necessary indicative of GD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Lurking... 

I just wanted to let you know that I was measuring big, failed my 1hr with a 186, and went on to pass my 3hr. There is hope lol!

Good luck! 

ETA: My 1hr number was that high even after fasting. 

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I failed the one hour test but passed the 3 hour test with flying colors. The doctor also said I was measuring a little big,
  • Options
    Yes, I failed the one hour, and passed the 3 hour with flying colors (passed all of the hourly finger pricks).  I am now measuring 33 weeks at 30 weeks.  Doc doesn't seem too concerned, but going in for a growth ultrasound next week.  She did say if baby is measuring big and continues to do so, we'd repeat the glucose test.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"