Birth Stories

John Wesley's birth story

I was induced 3/2 at 7 am b/c of pre-e. My blood pressure was really high, so they kept telling me that I might have to go on magnesium if it got any higher so I wouldn't have seizures or have c section. I was 3 cm dilated when I was admitted and 80% effaced. It took 3 nurses, 2 arms, and several tries to do the IV.I have a horrible fear of needles so I was hyperventilating and had to be on oxygen. That took about an hour and then I was started on the pitocin. At 2 pm they broke my water. I wasn't in any pain before then, but then my contractions were really strong and painful. I got the epi at around 3. I have scoliosis (didn't know I had it till last year but was told it wasn't that bad) and they kept telling me that "they didn't think the epi would work". He couldn't figure out where to put the needle in at, b/c he said my scoliosis was bad and spine was a half inch off where it was supposed to be. He finally got it to work after several "tries." It hurt like crap. At 5 I was checked again for progress and there was NONE. I was told I would have c section by 6 if things didn't change. Oh, and my cervix was off to the left and baby was sunny side up. The epi made me feel totally paralyzed and I couldn't move at all, and they kept moving me back and forth every hour trying to get baby to rotate. At 6 I was 6 cm and was told I would have c section at 8 if he didn't rotate. At 8 I was  10 cm but he wasn't rotated. I started pushing at 9:15 or around there. My contractions were about every minute and they lasted for a few mins. I pushed with all my might and the head was visible after a few pushes. DH almost passed out too, lol. I was more worried about him than me haha. Doc had to cut me open a lot too. Baby John was born by 10:08 pm!! This shocked the doc since he is my first! She had to stitch me up for 45 min.I was told after delivery that his cord was wrapped around his head 2 times. My pre-e didn't get better and I was moved to a high risk room at 2 am. They were monitoring my bp every 3 min that night. It finally got a little better and I was moved to a diff. floor at 7 am (they were overbooked and out of rooms-that room was basically a freaking closet). Anyway,  I was in labor for 14 hrs. John Wesley was 8 lb 3 oz and 22 in long and didn't really even have a conehead or any jaundice at all. He has beautiful completion. He failed his hearing test in 1 ear and we are still working on that. I still have pre-e (I didn't even know you could have it after delivery, but you can). I swelled up like a balloon after delivery and I still have swelling and high bp. I had to stay at hospital for 4 days, 3 nights and they put me on about 9 pills, including bp meds, so I can't breastfeed.  John has colic now and bad gas and we are still working on getting him to feeling better! Overall, the actual delivery wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined, the overall experience was almost worse though (that's mostly b/c of the hospital staff and b/c of the pre e.)
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Re: John Wesley's birth story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"