1st Trimester

P90X and Pregnancy

I have just completed P90X classic and feel great.  I found out that I'm 5 weeks pregnant.  Is it safe for me to go back through the program for 13 weeks as long as I feel ok doing it?

Re: P90X and Pregnancy

• I think this would be a good question for your OB.  P90X is a pretty intense workout, and I'm not sure if it's great to do it during pregnancy.  In a couple of weeks, you're probably not going to have the energy to do it anyway :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Personally, I'd think if you're in shape enough to have completed p90 you'd be fine!  I'm doing Insanity (and when I say "doing" I guess I should say "trying to do") and I just take breaks when I get really hot or out of breath (more often than I like admitting--my husband is dominating me in it!).  People run marathons while pregnant and so in my opinion, if you already are in shape, staying as in shape as you can is a good thing!  Trying to lose a ton of weight probably isn't the smartest idea but for me, I'm not going to stop trying to stay as fit as I can right now but I'm not going to kill myself (or harm my baby) by trying lose weight at the same time like I would have while not pregnant.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi! Peeking in from the 3rd Tri, I hope you don't mind :). I also did Insanity before I was pregnant and man what a workout!! In my opinion, listen to your body. Of course, you will want to check with your doctor first to make sure that it is safe for you (some people end up having high risk pregnancies) and if you get the go ahead, I say go for it. My doctor said that if I have a hard time cooling down my internal core, or it is too hard to breathe it is time to stop for the day. Have fun!
  • I think you should be fine.  IMO (not a Dr) once you start showing or having ab discomfort, I would avoid things like Ab Ripper X, Bow to Boat, etc.  Just use common sense, and do NOT work out till it hurts.
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • They say you should stick with exercises you did before you were pg so if you just did p90x, you should be ok. just be sure to listen to your body along the way and stop if you get overheated or tired
    Visit My Blog:>Suddenly Parents:>

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was on Insanity before I found out and my doctor advised me that it may be too intense of a workout for pregnancy, considering there is a lot of attention focused on the core.  My OB-GYN did advise me to maintain being active, w/o focusing on the abdominals.  Everything in stride.  Don't hurt yourself, but definitely stay active!  Congrats on the baby!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"