December 2010 Moms

Anyone else's baby stop cooing all of a sudden?

Mine seems to have just stopped over the last week. She grunts and whines and makes a weird pirate noise (arrrrgghhhh me matey!) but no more cooing :(

She seems to be trying REALLY hard to learn to roll over, so I wonder if it's related to trying to master a new skill? She gets 3/4 of the way from her back to the belly then flops back over, it's so pathetic, lol. 

BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else's baby stop cooing all of a sudden?

• It hasn't stopped but I've noticed a pretty big decrease in the 'talking' - he used to go nuts every time he was on his changing table oohing and aahing but now it's more sporadic.  No idea why!  Maybe he's got other things on his mind :)
    photo 53b360e6-ee99-4f9e-a024-83bbcf2fab7d_zps358d4ab4.jpg Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Same thing happened to my baby girl at about week 13-15; now she's cooing all the time again. Think her teeth were frustrating/intriguing her.
  • Loading the player...
  • my LO stopped too!! Last week he started babbeling (sp?) to all of his animals...no more cooing :( As soon as he hit 13-14wks he really started making all sorts of noises
  • I just bought the Wonder Weeks book and it talks about how as babies approach the developmental milestone that happens at 19 weeks, they may act differently. I think it said it takes place from 14-19 weeks and one of the signs that they are getting ready to hit it is that they may be quiet and less vocal. That and a whole bunch of other things!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we have much less of the cute (and quieter!) cooing/gurgling and have a lot more of the shouting, screaming and grunting. she seems to have discovered her voice and loves practicing to use it!  i miss the cooing and am really sad it went away before i managed to get video of it. :(
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yep, same here, but she just started back up the last couple of days! I do think it is the working on a new skill thing -- she has EXPLODED in her competency with her hands in the last week or so, grabbing things and batting at things, and I think she was concentrating on that. ;)
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSonadora:

Mine seems to have just stopped over the last week. She grunts and whines and makes a weird pirate noise (arrrrgghhhh me matey!) but no more cooing :(

She seems to be trying REALLY hard to learn to roll over, so I wonder if it's related to trying to master a new skill? She gets 3/4 of the way from her back to the belly then flops back over, it's so pathetic, lol.  

Forgot to mention, Nora does this exact same thing! It's terrible. She'll get it one day -- she's so close! 

norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"