Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Ladies with DD's- what decor do you have in DD's room?

we never really did much for decorating for her as a newborn. We did not find out she was a girl until the delivery, and she spent the first 5-6 months in our room in a bassinet any way.....

sno now looking to decorate it a cute, girly pattern!  Soooo many options out there, I need some ideas. And definnitely looking for some wall decals......where can I find them?

Thanks!

Re: Ladies with DD's- what decor do you have in DD's room?

• DD's room is a very light pink with white and brown furniture (it doesn't match).  I bought some light pink asian cherry blossom material and my mom made her a blanket.  Then i bought a wall decal of a tree branch with cherry blossoms from itsy.  I want to do more to her room when i get back to work and get some cash... i would like to put in a little chandelier (instead of the 1980's ceiling fan) and I want to get her a cute white or cream rug to play on (we just have hardwood).

• Kohls and target have some cute ones! We did her room in the owl stuff from target in the big girl room section. I love it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagewatergirl21:

DD's room is a very light pink with white and brown furniture (it doesn't match).  I bought some light pink asian cherry blossom material and my mom made her a blanket.  Then i bought a wall decal of a tree branch with cherry blossoms from itsy.  I want to do more to her room when i get back to work and get some cash... i would like to put in a little chandelier (instead of the 1980's ceiling fan) and I want to get her a cute white or cream rug to play on (we just have hardwood).

so funny! I was *just* looking at the blooming cheery blossom decal on etsy.....LOVE it. But wasn't expecting to pay $89 :-)

Oh well, it is so cute, I think I will splurge!

• I got our decals through Etsy, it was Elly Nelly or something like that? Our nursery is bunnies. We got the Kids Line Sweet Lullaby crib set at BRU that had a bunny mobile and there were coordinating wall hangings so we have those too in addition to the bunny decals. This is the look of the bedding, we also have dark furniture:

A few of the bunny decals

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Abby Rose Asian Baby Bedding - 9 pc Crib Set - Click to enlarge

This is what's in DD's room.  We got it off ebay for less than 1/2 price.  Her walls are light green and we put up a white fairy decal blowing dandelion seeds across the walls.  I love her room.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD's room is pink, black, and white. Not babyish at all so it can grow with her and I can make changes/additions easily. I did the same with DS and I'm really glad I didn't have to redecorate his room to make it more boyish. 

I got her decals from Etsy. 

You can see it here (sorry not clicky):

https://www.roomzaar.com/rate-my-space/Nurseries/Isabels-Elegant-Pink-Black-and-White-Nursery/detail.esi?oid=17183885

• We kept it simple in pink, brown and orange. As you can see on the first pic. I made some pom poms and hung them in the corner and on her crib, we put a name decal that we purchased from etsy. On the second picture, we put the 3 elephants which are decals also purchased on etsy and then in the 2 white frames, I put some nice paper I had purchased at Michael's.You'll also see how DH painted a brown border on the pink walls and a pink border on the brown wall which we think added a nice touch. We also painted some pink and orange flowers in the painted brown border on the dresser side of the nursery but I don't have any pics of that

• We have this mobile from Pottery Barn Kids above her crib

It comes in all white or white and light pink.  You can also get a bunch of other mobiles similar to this off of Etsy

• I painted DD's room light pink and then went back and did dark pink swirls all over the walls on two of the walls. Her bedding has little love birds on it and I painted pictures to match. Her furniture is off white and ornate, I call it her princess bed :)

• DD's room is not girly really, we kept it neutral - even though we caved and found out her sex and 35 weeks - but if you want to see it, I posted pictures on my blog -

https://ceceandmemommy.blogspot.com/2011/03/ceces-nursery.html

• Also, I really like Blik wall stickers, they offer ones that are move-able ( they call them re-stick) just in case a LO gets their hands on them, and it could be fun when they are older. 

https://www.whatisblik.com/shop/explore

• DDs bedding is from PBK. Here is a blog post I did on it:

https://mikeandsteph06.blogspot.com/2010/04/more-nursery-pics.html

• We painted her room a light pink on 3 walls, and the 4th wall is a darker pink. We decorated with these butterflies from target:

https://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/187-3386819-8043265?asin=B001E6UJJG&AFID=Froogle_df&LNM=|B001E6UJJG&CPNG=home%20decor&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B001E6UJJG&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

And I also found some butterfly decals there too. They had 5 different colors in the package. I put up the light pink, dark pink, and green ones on her wall. The blue and yellow ones were left off.  

I also bought a cheap little square mirror with white border/frame from target. A cute rug in the bigger girls section that was different pinks and green. And I just bought some sheets in different pinks. Oh, and a really cheap white lamp base, with a pink shade.

I got everything I needed at Target (besides paint of course)...and it was so cheap! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DDs room is Teal with Pink and Purple accents. My mom made the bed skirt and my grandma made a pillow out of material we bought (I hated every affordable bedding option so this was fabulous). I also recently added Love Bug decals from BRU, I can't find them online and don't feel like going up to take a picture but its hearts, swirls, lady bugs and the words Love Bug. Below are pictures I took when I first started the room.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DD's room has light green and cream stripes on the bottom half of the wall and pale pink on the top half of the wall.  We put up a chair rail to separate it.  We got a wall decal from etsy.  There are tons to choose from.  We also got a handmade chandelier from etsy as well.  It's pink with little crystals hanging from it.  We also have a dollhouse that we use as a bookshelf.  All the other decor came from her bedding which is ladybug themed.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageRolos_girl:
    imagewatergirl21:

DD's room is a very light pink with white and brown furniture (it doesn't match).  I bought some light pink asian cherry blossom material and my mom made her a blanket.  Then i bought a wall decal of a tree branch with cherry blossoms from itsy.  I want to do more to her room when i get back to work and get some cash... i would like to put in a little chandelier (instead of the 1980's ceiling fan) and I want to get her a cute white or cream rug to play on (we just have hardwood).

so funny! I was *just* looking at the blooming cheery blossom decal on etsy.....LOVE it. But wasn't expecting to pay $89 :-)

Oh well, it is so cute, I think I will splurge!

this is a shot of her wall- i dont' think it does it justice...

• We just did light pink walls, plain pink bedding and white furniture.  Pretty plain, but I think it's soft and subtle.  Then we did pics of all our dogs in sepia tones for the "decor".

• DD theme is butterflies and flowers in her room.  Its super cute. Two of my favorite decorations are the decals and the curtains.   I got the decals from Target ($12) from the childrens room decor section.  We also got decals online at word decor n more.  She has lavender gingham curtains from land of nod. They are lined which I highly recommend since they darken the room for naps and  cool the room on hot days. Have fun!

Oh one more thing, we picked up some purple, green and pink butterfly packs of various sizes from Michaels last week that I'm going to hang from the ceiling by fishing wire this weekend.

• Wall Decals are really cute, but I don't reccomend them.

I used them all over DD's walls, and now DD has figured out how to pull them off the wall, and she is constantly pulling them off. I am worried about them being a choking hazzard, so much I plan to pull them off myself (and they were expensive). Unless you put them way out of reach, I think they are a great idea, and look amazing, but until LO is old enough to not put everything in thier mouth I wouldn't use them in hind sight.

I blogged about her pulling them off here:

https://babybrancato.blogspot.com/2011/03/can-hardly-keep-up-with-her.html

and here is the blog about her room, when I decorated it:

https://babybrancato.blogspot.com/2010/05/chloes-nursery-final-reveal.html

GL

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We were team green too, and her nursery hasn't changed at all. She has girly toys and clothes, but I spent a lot of money making a cute neutral nursery. It's going to stay that way. :)

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"