August 2011 Moms
Options

What is your name and do you like it?

2»

Re: What is your name and do you like it?

• Options

My name is Stefanie Alison.  I have always liked my name - not terribly common, but certainly not uncommon.  I prefer the spelling, despite always having to spell it out (though, most of the time I just don't care and let people spell it ph).  I think it worked well for my FN and MN to both be 3 syllables b/c my maiden name was only one (Mills).  Now my last name is 2 syllables and I don't think my full name flows as well, but I do like the FN/MN my parents picked for me. 

Also, I was named after Stefanie Powers on Heart to Heart, and my mom swears she had never seen any other spelling for Stephanie/Stefanie, which is the reason I have the unique spelling.  Since she was just barely 16 when I was born, I actually believe it! :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Mine is Lindsay. I don't hate it but I don't love it.

My daughters are Penelope and Lucia (on her way).

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My name is Crystal, named after the singer Crystal Gale back in the 80s. She was gorgeous and a fantastic singer, so I'm cool with it. There were 5 Crystals that I went to school with, and we all spelled it differently. That got annoying. I have some friends that call me Crystal Light...not too original, but I also have friends who use my middle name, Blair, because I kept it hidden for so long. I have no idea where my parents got it, but now I've learned to love it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My name is Abigail Elaine.  I've always loved my name.  I usually go by Abby.  It does drive me nuts that people call me Ab as soon as they meet me... but my close friends and family call me Ab and I like it.  I was the only Abby/Abigail growing up.  All through elementry school and high school... even college.  Now it's one of the top 10 names!!  My brothers ex girl friend even named her daughter Abigail...
  • Options

imageAlwaysAforeigner:
    My name is Veronica and I like it, because it's rather unique. The problem is that people often confuse it with Victoria for some reason (and call me Vicki), even though these two names are completely different.

This is me too! I love being Veronica, but everyone new always calls me Victoria and occasionally Vanessa. Weird. I am not a big Elvis Costello fan, but he got it right in his song "Veronica" when he sang that they call her a name that they never get right.

• Options
    My name is Catherine Ann, and I really like it. Its classic and fairly simple.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My name is Heather Lyn. I have never hated my name but growing up it was SO common everyone had that name. There were 3 Heather's in my class. Now that I am grown, I really only know one other Heather I like it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My name is Kim Marie (not Kimberly). I dropped my MN Marie when I got married and made my maiden name my new middle name. I like Kim, short and sweet, just annoying when people put Kimberly.
  • Options
    imageStefandTodd:

My name is Stefanie Alison.  I have always liked my name - not terribly common, but certainly not uncommon.  I prefer the spelling, despite always having to spell it out (though, most of the time I just don't care and let people spell it ph).  I think it worked well for my FN and MN to both be 3 syllables b/c my maiden name was only one (Mills).  Now my last name is 2 syllables and I don't think my full name flows as well, but I do like the FN/MN my parents picked for me. 

Also, I was named after Stefanie Powers on Heart to Heart, and my mom swears she had never seen any other spelling for Stephanie/Stefanie, which is the reason I have the unique spelling.  Since she was just barely 16 when I was born, I actually believe it! :)

I'm a Jennifer and I was named after Stefanie Powers' character on Heart to Heart. I was thiiiis close to being a Stefanie too!  Must've been a popular show :)

And I hate my name. There were swarms of Jennifers in my school. My dad wanted to name me Olivia and I wish he would've gotten his way. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My names Kimberley - I dont really like it. It annoys me so much people spelling it Kym or Kimberly too

My sisters are Leanne and Dana (I like Dana best :-D)

• Options
    My name is Kimberly Brooke and I go by Brooke :-) and I LOOVE my name
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My name is Miranda. I love my name. There were no other girls with my name in school. My nicknames are mandy and randa.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

My name is Dawn Lyn.  I was born at 7am, so my parents thought that was close enough to being born at dawn. :-)  Growing up, I didn't like it much.  Finding stuff with my name on it was hit or miss, but I mostly didn't like how uncommon and seemingly unfeminine it was.  My sister's name is Michelle, and I thought that was so much prettier.

Now, I appreciate my name much more.  It became more common about 10 years or so after as I was born, but I don't think it ever went top 10, so still not super common.  I've known a few other Dawns of various ages, and I often think of them as kindred spirits.  I can't think of anything that suits me better.  I also think it makes a nice middle name, though I don't think dh would go for it.  The only thing I don't like about it now is that people often call me Donna.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMeehanbride:
    My name is Heather Lyn. I have never hated my name but growing up it was SO common everyone had that name. There were 3 Heather's in my class. Now that I am grown, I really only know one other Heather I like it.

My middle name is "Lyn" too.  People who know my mn always tell me I spell it wrong. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm Lydia Marie.

Growing up I only met one other person named Lydia. I always felt left out because I could never get those souvenier cups and pencils and such that had your name on them. LOL.

Now I like it though. It's nice having a unique name that not everyone else has. Although, it seems like the name Lydia is getting more popular. I know 3 or 4 little girls (all under 3) named Lydia!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"