Babies: 3 - 6 Months

bleeding diaper rash :(

DD never gets diaper rashes. She has one right now and its bleeding a tiny bit. I feel SO bad.

She just started having "solid" poop 2-3 days ago, and really hasn't pooped too much. She also is in cloth diapers, and most of them are brand new (I had to replace my happy heiny stash)- but she has been in that brand all along so I don't know if that could be it?

I usually use cloth wipes and homemade solution, but have been using some pampers wipes. I used to use sensitive and these ones are just regular.

Anybody else go through this? I feel absolutely horrible for her. The rash is *just* around the booty hole which makes me think maybe its the poop.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: bleeding diaper rash :(

• DD got a diaper rash like that once. The best thing for her is to let her air out for a while. Just put down a bunch of towels and let her hangout in the nude. Desitin helped too. It cleared up fairly quickly.
    Sometimes it's okay to follow. (Picture is a clicky)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagemollylila:

DD never gets diaper rashes. She has one right now and its bleeding a tiny bit. I feel SO bad.

She just started having "solid" poop 2-3 days ago, and really hasn't pooped too much. She also is in cloth diapers, and most of them are brand new (I had to replace my happy heiny stash)- but she has been in that brand all along so I don't know if that could be it?

I usually use cloth wipes and homemade solution, but have been using some pampers wipes. I used to use sensitive and these ones are just regular.

Anybody else go through this? I feel absolutely horrible for her. The rash is *just* around the booty hole which makes me think maybe its the poop.  

I have no advice other than my favorite diaper rash dream is boudreaux butt paste. And I really hope your DD feels better soon :(

BabyFetus Ticker 
    harry potter addict. fiber obsessed. 
    || KP 10.04.10 || EA 04.28.12 || LC expected 8.29.14 ||
    my bfp chart: Bebeh Fluff's Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Our solution is always:

Nudey time.

Cream made from 1 part diaper cream, 1 part lanolin, and 1 part clotrimatizole (yeast infection cream).  Use a liner in CDs so it doesn't stain/stick to the diapers.  I also cover with cornstarch or baby powder to keep it from rubbing off onto the diaper right away.

Rinse w/water w/a little baking soda in it - just a little.  It negates the PH of the poop.  Did she eat something different recently? If it's right around her anus, it could be a food allergy issue as well.

• Sorry your LO is not feeling well. I would recomend changing her wipes to sensative while her bottom is red because most wipes that are not sensative have alcohol in them to help skin dry and can burn the irritated area. Sensative wipes do not have alcohol
  • My DD had a really bad rash when she was about a month old. It got to the point she would scream everytime we changed her. I ended up taking her to the pedi who wrote a script for a special cream. It cleared up in no time! I still use it every now and then so it doesn't come back. HTH
  • Aw we went through this too, so I know how rough it is.

What we did was lay off on the wipes unless we HAD to use them. Soak in the bath with some baking soda in it, and lots of naked time. Desitin and the Aveeno diaper rash cream both helped.

Ours was because we were using prefolds, but I don't think thats your problem.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS gets really red in that area when he poops, but I'm diligent about putting desitin on as soon as I notice it's red. It also helps after he goes when he's been struggling. He's never bled. 

Definitely agree with PP to give baby some naked time and get some good diaper rash cream. Maybe stick to using the regular wipes when she isn't so red, or on things like her hands and face instead, and use the sensitive wipes on her butt.  

• Garrett had that when we first brought him home. Desitin Maximum Strength and letting him air it out cleared it right up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"