3rd Trimester
Options

How do you know if you are over-doing it?

I have been feeling so guilty about my work load and feel like I am over doing it.

I feel as if I don't have a choice in the matter since my husband live 8 hours away (nearest family member is also 8 hours away)...

I'm just worried about LO.  I hope he is happy and healthy...  Do you any of you worry like this?

Re: How do you know if you are over-doing it?

• Options
    well i sometimes worry bc for my job i am constantly running around doing things, but really pay attention to your body.  If you notice that after a long day where you did a little too much and you have cramping or maybe extra BH or something like that, i would ease up.  Home stretch is close for you, you neeed your rest and relaxation!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I personally have to side-eye some of the "I can'ts" I see posted here.  There's a big difference between can't and really-don't-want-to and don't-have-to.  If something is causing labor-like pains (BH, cramps, spotting or bleeding), then you are probably overdoing it.  If it makes your back a little sore but rest and ice or heat relieves that soreness, you are probably ok. 

There are lots of women who, just like you and me, have no choice but to do things they'd rather pawn off on someone else.  I just keep reminding myself that some pregnant women never have a partner to help out.  Some pregnant women give birth while working in the fields and go right back to work the same day.  Do I take advantage of help that is offered?  Absolutely.  Is my house less clean because I want to avoid the physical pain of pushing a vacuum?  Yep.  But if something major happened, I know that I could and would suck it up, literally and figuratively.  Figure out how much you are willing to let slide and what is non-negotiable.  Dedicate your energy to the musts and deal with the wants when you feel up to it or have some help.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    image00tedsgirl:

I personally have to side-eye some of the "I can'ts" I see posted here.  There's a big difference between can't and really-don't-want-to and don't-have-to. 

Great advice. I kept making excuses about not working because I felt I couldn't... when I really could. My opinion is to saddle up and give it a try. IF you start having contractions or too many BH's or honestly feel you would be putting yourself in a questionable situation, then don't do it. I think it's good to keep trying to work until D-day, it keeps me from getting too lazy and whiney and gives me the exercise I need, but to each her own. Just as long as you feel it's right for you.  

• Options
    Like most will tell you, you're body will tell you when you're really over-doing it to the point of putting LO in danger, which isn't often. You're going to exhaust yourself to where you physically just are too tired before it really affects him. Just try and take it easy to some extend, but I wouldn't get too worried until you feel something wrong (unusual pain, lack of breath that hasn't been experienced before, unusual LO movement, etc.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"