Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Real quick CD question!

I'm about to order some prefolds for naked time. She is getting some chafing and I'm going to try to put her in a prefold for a couple of hours a day.

1. What's a good brand?

2. Does she need a cover if it's only a couple of hours? 

3. Thanks so much, and sorry I missed the CD check in. 

Edit: spelling..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC #2 since 8/2012
Me:28 H:34
Me: all tests normal!
H:  Azoospermia (Sperm count zero).
MFI Urologist all test normal.
Biopsy Feb. 14

****EVERYONE WELCOME****

Re: Real quick CD question!

• 1) I like GMD prefolds or Diaper Rite prefolds (cheaper and work just as well IMO) and Thirsties covers.

2) Yep.

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would put a cover on ... bummies whisper wraps are cheap and easy, I prefer the Velcro to snaps. I think what kind if prefold you get depends on your preference.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We used Green Mountain Diapers prefolds for her first size and loved them.

You can go without a cover but you're going to want to watch it like a hawk so you can change her as soon as she's wet. Otherwise, put a cover on. 

Another thing you might want to do to help with the chafing is to get some fleece from the fabric store (or cut up a fleece receiving blanket, if you have one) and use that as a liner. That will help wick the moisture away and keep it away from her skin.

• 1 - I use Hemp Babies flats when I use prefolds.  If I were to use them full time, I'd go with GMD.

2 - a cover would defeat the purpose of naked time by not allowing fresh air to the bum.  You would need to change her as soon as she gets damp, but a cover isn't necessary.  I never use a cover when I put DS in a fitted or prefold.  If you were to leave the house or get her dressed, yes, I would rec. a cover.

3 - no problem!

• Thanks ladies!

We are starting the cloth diapering very slowly. I'm living with my mom right now, and she is insisting that I not do it until I move out. She CD me and my sister in the 80's and she doesn't understand how much it has changed, so I'm slowly trying to get her on board. I think once she sees how easy it is, she might change her mind!

TTC #2 since 8/2012
    Biopsy Feb. 14

****EVERYONE WELCOME****
  • imageCherryStarburst:
    I would put a cover on ... bummies whisper wraps are cheap and easy, I prefer the Velcro to snaps. I think what kind if prefold you get depends on your preference.

Why is it that you like the velcro more? I was going to get a snap b/c it seems like it would last longer. 

TTC #2 since 8/2012
    Biopsy Feb. 14

****EVERYONE WELCOME****
  • imageBredins wife:

imageCherryStarburst:
    I would put a cover on ... bummies whisper wraps are cheap and easy, I prefer the Velcro to snaps. I think what kind if prefold you get depends on your preference.

Why is it that you like the velcro more? I was going to get a snap b/c it seems like it would last longer. 

I also usually prefer velcro - it's more adjustable and faster, especially once they start squirming.   I like the look of snaps better, but when DS is in between snaps, it sucks!

• imageAnanke:
    imageBredins wife:

imageCherryStarburst:

I also usually prefer velcro - it's more adjustable and faster, especially once they start squirming.   I like the look of snaps better, but when DS is in between snaps, it sucks!

That makes total sense! Thanks so much.

TTC #2 since 8/2012
    Biopsy Feb. 14

****EVERYONE WELCOME****
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards