Cloth Diapering

Am I doing something wrong?

If my dipes are coming out of the wash stained, am I not doing the laundry right?

My Tots Bots is SO nasty looking and some of my BGs and FBs have light stains.  Is this normal or should staining be pretty minimal?

I hang-dry them inside.  Sunning does seem to help quite a bit, but the weather has sucked here lately.

Re: Am I doing something wrong?

• It's normal.  poop stains
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Normal. Well from what I have read.

It is rare that we have any stained diapers, but I seriously think it is because of the Tide. I have bought a couple diapers with stains, and after washing them in Tide a few times I have noticed that the stains are gone.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My Tots Bots stain worse than any other diaper that I have.  I just try to sun them on occasion and ignore the stains.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've never had a stain appear on any of my BG or FB pockets...ever. I use Rockin Green in a front loader.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've gotten some NASTY stains on my FB and HH (I use RnG in my front loader). They always sun out easily
  • I guess I should add that the only diapers that I have that stain are my Elementals and 1 star baby. The rest of my diapers look brand new.

I am not too worried about the Elementals because its the nature of the fabric, but my diapers look practically brand new next to some of the Elementals that I have seen on diaperswappers.

• imageMidwestTexan:
    I've never had a stain appear on any of my BG or FB pockets...ever. I use Rockin Green in a front loader.

I do the same.  What is your wash routine with yours?

• BG suggests washing with a cap of bleach. I've done that once or twice and they always come out really nice. My tots bots look all stained too. Boo, because you know I love those things.
  • I rarely get stains. I spray poop dipes with bac-out before I throw them into the wetbag (I have a spray bottle of it next to my diaper sprayer). Other than that my wash routine is normal: cold rinse, hot wash with RNG, two cold rinses. 
  • imageemolee84:
    It's normal.  poop stains

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We had the same problem until I started rinsing poopy diapers before putting them in the wetbag.  I also will soak in Eco Sprouts once every few weeks and sun the hell out of them. It's been hard lately since the weather sucks balls but once the sun is out and you hang them out to dry every day, it'll get better. 

One tip....I lay mine so the fleece is facing up when I line dry outside. I don't just hang them. I want the sun to shine directly on them.  It's helped :)

• image*kms*:

We had the same problem until I started rinsing poopy diapers before putting them in the wetbag.  I also will soak in Eco Sprouts once every few weeks and sun the hell out of them. It's been hard lately since the weather sucks balls but once the sun is out and you hang them out to dry every day, it'll get better. 

One tip....I lay mine so the fleece is facing up when I line dry outside. I don't just hang them. I want the sun to shine directly on them.  It's helped :)

I'm so ghetto right now.  I don't have a line and I don't want my dog going near them, so I lay them out all over the driveway and hold them down with rocks.  LOL.  My neighbors are like "WTF?"  I saw nothing in the covenants about not sunning diapers in the driveway, though, so I think I'm good.

• imagenjh514:
    BG suggests washing with a cap of bleach. I've done that once or twice and they always come out really nice. My tots bots look all stained too. Boo, because you know I love those things.

The two tot bots I have have no staining after an overnight soak in Eco Sprout.  

• I switched from RNG to Tide and my dipes are so much less stained.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"