December 2010 Moms
Options

XP from CD: I hate sposies!

Let me start off with we have been CDing for almost 3 months. We sometimes use sposies when we are out and about. We have yet o buy any disposables, what have are still shower gifted. I put LO in a Pampers drymax swaddler this afternoon for our short trip to the YMCA, just for the ease of things while he was in their daycare. He pooped no big whup, changed him into a 7th gen dipe then we went home. LO and I were playing on the floor when I noticed a rash starting to form on his thigh. Then I went to get him ready for bed and his whole diaper area was getting red and rashy. I decided slather on the (gifted) non-CD safe cream and put him in a prefold and cover for the night. Luckily we have a pedi appt tomorrow, I will be sure to bring it up. This is so frustrating and upsetting. I really don't like that Pampers is still insisting that their diapers are not causing this rash. We have never had any issues with 7th gens or our CDs, so the change here is the Pampers! Ahh...blurg! Thanks for letting me vent!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage

Re: XP from CD: I hate sposies!

• Options
    We've been using "sposies" for 4 months now, no rashes, ever. It's not all disposable diapers. Drymax is notorious for rashes. If you knew that Pampers had a reputation for causing rashes, why did you use that one? Not trying to be snarky, just think it would have been common sense to avoid one that you know has a bad rep.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageKristi221:
    We've been using "sposies" for 4 months now, no rashes, ever. It's not all disposable diapers. Drymax is notorious for rashes. If you knew that Pampers had a reputation for causing rashes, why did you use that one? Not trying to be snarky, just think it would have been common sense to avoid one that you know has a bad rep.

This. I heard bad things about dry max so I returned any diapers we were gifted and didn't buy any. Why try something on your LO that other people say caused rashed on their kids.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageKristi221:

This. We've been using disposables since birth and are getting ready to make the switch to cloth. But we've had no problems with Pampers or any kind of diaper rash so far, and we use the Swaddlers Sensitive. I made sure to avoid the Drymax ones and we've been fine.

• Options
    imageKristi221:
    Putting it in quotation marks doesn't mean you didn't say it. I'm telling.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageJulietL129:
    imageKristi221:
    Putting it in quotation marks doesn't mean you didn't say it. I'm telling.
    Busted...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Aw, that sucks for LO. :(  We CD and use disposables and DS has never had a rash, not even a hint of one.  We've used pretty much every brand I can think of.  I think a lot of it has to do with how sensitive LO's skin is, not just the diaper.

I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"