Babies on the Brain
Options

I don't think I'll ever buy Cool Whip again

I made homemade whipped cream for on top of our strawberry shortcake tonight... OMG.  It was the most amazing thing I've ever eaten. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LFWisBack Our Guardian Angels: 11.06 * 6.09 * 12.11

Re: I don't think I'll ever buy Cool Whip again

• Options
    I thought maybe you found out what all was in cool whip. :-P 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options

imageBallSox:
    I thought maybe you found out what all was in cool whip. :-P 

Well, that's why I didn't buy it in the first place and opted to make it.  I feel like strawberries are such glorious berries that that junk shouldn't go anywhere near it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LFWisBack Our Guardian Angels: 11.06 * 6.09 * 12.11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I tried to make butter once in a jar and I didn't shake it long enough.  I took it out, realized it was whipped cream and we used it on our ice cream that night.  

DELICIOUS but I don't even want to know how horrible for us!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    I know, right!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageBallSox:

I tried to make butter once in a jar and I didn't shake it long enough.  I took it out, realized it was whipped cream and we used it on our ice cream that night.  

DELICIOUS but I don't even want to know how horrible for us!  

I made butter in my Kitchen Aid mixer for Thanksgiving (so easy to make) and it was amazing. Like, so incredibly amazing. I also make my own whipped cream. It's so bad for you, but at least it's not all chemicals. So yummy!

• Options

all I can think of is Stewie. 

"cool whhhip." 

• Options

And you haven't come over to teach me?????

please?

pretty please???? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageExcitedtostart:

And you haven't come over to teach me?????

please?

pretty please???? 

I literally used 3 ingredients.

1 c. Heavy cream

.24 c. sugar

1 tsp. vanilla.

I put the cream and vanilla in a bowl and used the whip beater on my electric mixer then added the sugar as it was mixing.  I whipped it until it thickened up to the consistency I liked and then put it in the fridge until we were ready for it.

• Options
    I love making my own whipped cream.  I think it tastes so much better than anything store bought and like PPs said, no weird chemicals.
    My Blog: http://krate24.blogspot.com/ Heather Ann, born still on Jan. 26, 2009 at 27w2d. <a href="http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa361/krate24/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"