Stay at Home Moms

Summer time fun...SAHM question

Hi,

I recently quit my FT job, have been working PT for a month and will be phasing that out to SAH with my girls FT.  I have never been a SAHM before and my DH and I have been working 5 years to make this a reality.  I am so looking forward to this summer, the summer before my DD #1 goes to Kind, and am questioning what kind of activities take up a summer day.  I remember being a kid, but I was always in a camp as a child.  What do you do w/your children during the day.  We do have passes to major theme parks but that takes money and we are trying to be budget conscious as we plan our summer.  I do plan to keep my oldest in camp 2 days a week as she has been in preschool w/the same kids since she was 2.  I guess I am kinda nervous about it...it's all new to me.  We have parks, pools, etc, but doesn't that ever get old?  I am not a huge fan of sitting in front of the TV either.  I need fun ideas!  Thanks in advance!

:)

Re: Summer time fun...SAHM question

• playing in the yard on playset, blow bubbles, sidewalk chalk, bike rides, park, pool, library, nature walks, kick the ball around the yard, fly kites, zoo, museums, beach, painting, playdates with friends and their kids, baking, picnics.  We also have one of those parachutes that you can put balls on top and you jiggle the parachute. 

• I don't know how cheap this is because I don't pay much attention, but BFF works in the school year and is off in the summers.  We take two weeks each summer (split up) and go camping during the week and to historic attractions, easy hikes for the kids, ect.  We camp for 2 nights max, and then come home.  The kids seem to remember that more than anything else we do.  I can't wait to do it this summer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Parks, picnics, pool pass, zoo pass, bible school, gardening, local splash park, local merry go round, state fair, city summer parade, kiddie pool in the backyard, kids' museum, playdates, camping, bike rides, tee ball, trips to the beach, block party, chalk in the driveway, reading program at the library, popsicles, toasted marshmallows, dog walks, hopscotch, hula hoops, dance camp, weekend at the lake house.....

Can you tell I'm excited for summer??  We will likely be at the pool 2-3 times per week.

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"