August 2011 Moms
Options

How to surprise DM and MIL?

On the day of my baby shower I have scheduled an elective 3D/4D ultrasound.  My mom will be in town from TX for the shower and MIL lives here.  I want to figure out a way to get them to the U/S place without telling them ahead of time.  The appt is at 10am and I thought about telling them that we were going to breakfast but don't want to starve them until 11am then my shower is at 1230......

My mom is an early-riser....RIDICULOUSLY early...5am but MIL isn't so saying we are going to breakfast at 9am is not really a viable option :/

My brain is lacking in ideas for this....any other thoughts would be great!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: How to surprise DM and MIL?

• Options
    what about if you said you were going for a girl's day pedicure?
    imageimage
  • Options
    That's a thought...of course if I tell my mom that, she won't get her toes did before she comes so we'll def have to do that after the u/s....LOL!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yeah just say you planned a girls day and you have to make a stop before you go to have pedicures
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Well now that I think about it (told you my brain is dead) DH will be going with us....it will be the four of us......geesh, why can't surprising, fun things be easy to get away with!?!

• Options
    Tell them you'd really like their opinion on this thing you HAVE to have (crib, stroller, etc...) and whether it's too expensive or whether they would spend the money (as previous moms). You can make the excuse that DH is coming by saying that he has an errand to run close to where you're going. The gag will be up once you drive to the place but maybe that'll get them in the car and still surprised?
                                             Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Can you have DH meet you there?
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I would just tell them that you have a special suprise for their eyes only.

Be ready to go for 9am!

Have fun!  Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"