Parenting
Options

Why, oh why, do people tell me things?

For some reason, I have always had confide in me stapled on my forehead.  Cheating on your wife/husband?  Tell me.  Steal from your employer? Tell me.  Don't like someone I am friends with?  Tell me.  Random stranger just wants to unload?  Tell me. 

It has been awhile since I have had a really good "tell me", since I now don't work right now and live in a pretty normal place.  I would call it sort of Mayberry-ish.  Today was different.  I was talking to a guy who is working on my house, one of several, but the obvious leader of the group.  He has been here for the last 4 days, in and out of the house, sometimes when I am home, sometimes not.  Today, he felt the need to tell me that he recently got out of jail for selling meth.  Really, did you have to tell me that?  We are doing a couple of projects, and I had two crews of people working today, probably 12 people at various points.  Did the one that seemed the most normal have to tell me he just got out of jail for dealing drugs? 

DH would go crazy if he knew.   I don't begrudge people a second chance.  I checked the company out, they have good reviews and are in good standing with the BBB, and are doing good work, but I really did not need to know that.  The great part is they have at least 2 more days worth of work to do. 

Re: Why, oh why, do people tell me things?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"