New Jersey Babies

Question about flying with toddler out of Newark...

I'm traveling with my in-laws this summer and flying with them from Newark to Florida.  I don't know if they have the scanners down there at that airport.  Have you gone through the scanner with your infant/toddler?  Are you worried about the radiation?  If you didn't go through it, how was the pat down of your baby?  Were you able to go with LO?

Just trying to figure out what I should expect when we go.  TIA! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Question about flying with toddler out of Newark...

• I just went to Florida and came back this week. I flew Jetblue out of Newark and had no issues except that our flight was friggin delayed 12 hours. I have a four year old and a 3 month old. We had a snap and go, infant car seat, a huge carry on, and all of our sh@t. We just went through the regular metal detector thing and there were no problems. I'd have a problem with them patting down my kids---definitely. I don't trust anyone.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• My kids are 6 and 4 and we've flown with them since they were infants, out of Newark.  Haven't flown this year but our experience has been that usually you hold the baby and walk through the scanner.  No one has ever touched my kids.  Usually one adult goes through and then our kids, as they are older now, and then the last parent (sandwich them between us).  At times there is a 'family' lane open which is helpful b/c you have so much stuff to disassemble (stroller/car seat/ your shoes/carry ons).  Check on what you can bring for the baby to drink/eat when you fly, not sure of the restrictions currently.
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't fly out of Newark but I did out of Allentown to Orlando. Neither of them did anything other than regular walk through scanner.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"