3rd Trimester
Options

Holy baby!

Today I went for my last u/s  and the tech told me that she's weights 7 lbs 9oz and is 18 in long!! Mind you I'm only 5'2 and my torsal is really small. If I go to 40 wks then she's going to be over 9 lbs! I can't believe she is that big.

Re: Holy baby!

• Options
    They can be off as much as 2 lbs. 
    photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageweelass24:
    They can be off as much as 2 lbs. 

This. Our daughter was clocking in at over 6 lbs. at 34 weeks (I'm 5'3, myself) and the tech saw my somewhat terrified look and assured me they are often off by a pound or two, so not to worry.

The MFM said he thinks she'll be in the 8 lb range, when all is said and done.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wowie. Hopefully she's off in her estimation. I'm the same size and my DD was 7 lbs 11 oz, 19.5 inches long at nearly 40 weeks and was almost too big for me and my apparently small pelvis.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options

Ultrasounds aren't always exact.  I had DD ten days before my due date and she was 7lb 3oz and was measuring about that a few weeks prior on the u/s..I am 5'2 and small framed and had no problems.  Everyone told me she would be huge (I had GD), I had regular u/s and she always measured a week ahead of where I was in my pregnancy.  Besides, all babies grow at different rates so if you even do make it to 40 weeks that doesn't mean your LO will be over 9 lbs.  Don't worry too much about it, my friend has vaginally delivered two babies that were both well over 9lbs and had no issues. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am 5'1" so I am short as well. I didn't know how big my first DS was until delivery.  I was measuring on track the whole time....he was 9 lbs. 5 oz!    I didn't have any problem delivering.....pushed for a bit over an hour and had one small tear.  Good luck!  But like PP said....they can be off so the baby could be smaller......I am curious to see how big this one is at the 36 week ultrasound...
  • Options

Agree with PPs.  Ultrasounds can be off by quite a bit.  Also, my SIL is teeny tiny (5'2, under 100 lbs) and had a 9 lb 13 oz baby girl (vaginally) a few months ago without an issue. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"