October 2011 Moms

Grey's

Re: Grey's

• Yes! My hormones make me cry watching it...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • memo9memo9 member
    Yeah... I'm already crying.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup, crying as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • not crying, but watching.
    BFP CP 1/12/11 DD born 10/16/11
  • Yes! And glad to know I'm not the only one tearing up. I am SO NOT a cryer, but that's what pregnancy does I suppose!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am and like everyone else also tearing up...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ok. Tears are coming now. Did anyone notice that Callie singing the whole time didn't look pregnant?
    BFP CP 1/12/11 DD born 10/16/11
  • I was teary the whole time but started balling when the baby came out and I saw how little it was. I had a little talk with my pumpkin and told them to stay in there another 26 weeks at least.

I heart Ben!!
    October 11, 2008
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Trusty Gal blog|Trusty Tales
  • It just started here.  I'm already thinking the breaking into song bit is a little cheesy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I kind of though the music in general was a little cheesy and unnecessary but I give them props for trying.
    I heart Ben!!
    October 11, 2008
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Trusty Gal blog|Trusty Tales
  • I pretty much teared up the entire episode.. as an ER nurse I couldn't imagine "working on" one of my co-workers.. everything made me sad
  • I was a tad disappointed. I laughed the whole time. The singing was super cheesy to me and it would have been such a suspenseful tear jerker without the music. Sara & Chandra can sing, but the others....not so much. Owen & Mer was the worst.

Also, what happened in the very end? My DVR cut off the last few minutes. :(

• I cried.

The "sexy time" scene made me uncomfortable.

The songs were completely unnecessary.

• IMO the singing turned what could have been a great episode into kind of a mess. The songs they were singing had nothing to do with what was going on. But I was tearing up over the non-singing part.

They should leave the singing to Glee. 

EDD - October 13, 2011 - Can't wait to meet our little one! BFP cycle BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy calendar
  • OMG I couldn't believe how bad it was.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• I DVRed it so I haven't watched it yet.

Please put "spoiler alert" in the title of the post to warn people who might not have watched it yet.  I didn't read all the responses because I didn't want it to ruin the show for me when I do, but I just wanted to let you know it is helpful to add the warning.  :)

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

BabyFetus Ticker

• I was laughing too.  It was just so awkward with the singing.  I hope they don't do that again.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It was awkward with everyone singing.

Honestly though, Sara did a wonderful job. She didn't win a Tony for Best Featured Actress in a Musical for nothing!

• imagebtsrc5:

I DVRed it so I haven't watched it yet.

Please put "spoiler alert" in the title of the post to warn people who might not have watched it yet.  I didn't read all the responses because I didn't want it to ruin the show for me when I do, but I just wanted to let you know it is helpful to add the warning.  :)

Really? It's a post called Grey's and you know it aired last night.  Of course it's going to contain spoilers, so just don't open it if you haven't seen it yet!

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Music was cheesy cheesy!  DH usually watches it with me...and he was gone in about 5 minutes.

Tiny baby scared me! 

• I just watched and cried for the first 10 minutes.  Mostly because I have a personal connection with some of the earlier song selections.

Anyway, the "couples" song was stupid and about when Callie went in for her surgery the 2nd time, I started fast forwarding.

Sara is an amazing singer.

• I stopped watching this at teh begining of last year... but EVERYONE on my FB news feed thought it was TERRIBLE...I almost want to watch it just to see how bad it really was!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • memo9memo9 member
    I enjoyed some of the songs, but I thought a lot of them were a "miss".   I hated the "sunshine" song.  How is that remotely appropriate for the stuff going on?? 
  • I agree. That song was awful! I Ioved Sara singing "Chasing Cars". LOVE that song and it was particularly emotional during those scenes. That was the part that made me teary-eyed.

The tiny baby was so sad. I hope she makes it. 23 weeks is pretty early..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"