February 2011 Moms

I will never clip his nails again.

Seriously I am scarred for life. He moved his finger and I clipped his skin. I don't know who was crying louder, him or me. I know I cried longer, he just went back to nursing like it was nothing. But I made the poor kiddo bleed. I'm never ever doing that again. They are getting filed or just staying long. Thats it. Safety clippers? Yea right!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I will never clip his nails again.

• I'm too scared... I still file
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago - it was very traumatic for me but my LO did just fine...  I wrote her an apology in her baby book, letting her future self know that if there was a scar on her right thumb, that's why.  It's completely healed now.
  • Loading the player...
  • I did the same thing when ds was 4 days old.  I felt so bad that I made him bleed.  I finally tried to cut his nails again last night and had no problem.
  • I accidentally clipped Isaac's nail down too far and it bled. He started screaming instantly and I was horrified. He got over it in 30 seconds though.

I only clip his when he is out like a light so he doesn't move on me. My clip was that I wasn't paying attention close enough.

• I still only file her nails... I'm too nervous.
    Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm such a chicken that I have my mom file them.

• Yikes.. this is why I am still filing. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagesarag0116:
    I'm too scared... I still file

this!

• when my first was born, the nurse t the hospital told me to bite his nails off with my teeth. my teeth can't go past his nailbed so he'll never get hurt. the worst he experienced was wet fingers.

although, when he was 18 months til just last year, i had to pretend his nails would fly off into my eye when i clipped them. every. single. nail. it cracked him up, and he always wished he had more nails to watch me get 'hurt'. he still thinks it's funny now if i do it.

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • I did this a few days ago and I felt so bad. She scratches herself all the time, so I have to keep her nails really short. I'll continue clipping them, but maybe time the clippings when she is totally asleep.
  • It happens to everyone, don't beat yourself up over it.
  • Don't feel bad. Although I haven't done that to DD(knock on wood), I did do that to DS # 3 before only he was like 2 years old at the time. He jerked his hand and I clipped him and made him bleed. After that my now ex-husband did it for awhile. I felt so bad and was scared I'd do it again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"