October 2011 Moms
Options

Massage?

My back feels like its in knots! I heard some massage isnt good but some is...anyone have any experience with massage and whats ok and whats not?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Massage?

• Options
    Find somewhere that does specifically prenatal massages. They have massage therapists that are certified for prenatal massages so they know what they can and can't do. I found out that the place I always go to actually does prenatal and it costs the same amount!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

A perk of my job is a free massage every Friday.  Our massage therapist is trained in prenatal.  The main things they need to avoid are going too deep on the traps and the feet, which can both cause early labor.  Also, we prop my shoulder when I'm on my back so that I'm not lying completely flat.  When I get bigger she will have to have me lay on my side instead of my stomach.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagehopefulinCO:

A perk of my job is a free massage every Friday.  Our massage therapist is trained in prenatal.  The main things they need to avoid are going too deep on the traps and the feet, which can both cause early labor.  Also, we prop my shoulder when I'm on my back so that I'm not lying completely flat.  When I get bigger she will have to have me lay on my side instead of my stomach.

I must say you have the best job!!! Didn't they also get a cot for you?

To answer the post, yes a prenatal massage it wonderful, as long as they know what they are doing.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagehopefulinCO:

I must say you have the best job!!! Didn't they also get a cot for you?

To answer the post, yes a prenatal massage it wonderful, as long as they know what they are doing.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My biggest concern with massage in first tri is that it releases toxins into your body. It may be hard to find a place that will take you during first tri anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"