June 2011 Moms

OMG 22 lb already :( Slight rant sorry

I have gain 22 lbs already and i still have 9 and a half weeks till my DD. Is this "normal"? iv have 2 children already when i was younger (19 and 21) with my first i hardly gained any weight but i was really ill during this pregnency and gave birth to him at 33 weeks via emergancy C-sec baby was 4lb 6 oz. With my second i had a normal healthy pregnency and birth but some pretty cronic MS in the first few month. i gained 13lb total and baby was 8lb7 1/2 . This time morning sickness was so bad, i felt sooo ill for most the day but never acctually threw up so didnt lose any weight at the beginning of my pregnancy  like i did last time plus im also 11 years older if that makes any diffrence. I have struggled to lose weight over the last few years and was just near my target of 140lb befor i fell pregnent so im having a bit of a hard time getting my head round gaining weight after so long of trying to lose it. I know this is starting to sound like some crazy rant, which is exactly what it is :) im very hormonal today and feel like and look like poop. But i really would like to know if this is too much weight gain so far and how much more i can expect to gain so i dont freak out next time i stand on the scales
BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: OMG 22 lb already :( Slight rant sorry

• I've gained 29lbs and I'm not even a full week ahead of you. Its perfectly normal. Everyone gains a different amount, and as long as your Dr is fine with your weight gain, its fine (not that you've gained a lot). My MW said yesterday my weight gain was perfectly on track. From here, the MW told me to expect to gain 1lb a week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Don't worry! I was up 27lbs at my 28 week appointment Embarrassed Doc said it was fine, and that I should slow down now for the rest of the pregnancy. I was definitely bummed, but it is what it is. At this point, I'll be happy if I can keep my total under 40 by the end. I think you're in good shape.
  • Loading the player...
  • You're fine.

I've gained 30lbs and have 13 weeks to go.  My doctor is not worried, so I'm just going with it.  I wish it were less, but I don't eat poorly so I figure it's just how my body deals with pregnancy.  I've had friends tell me they gained 60-70lbs by the end!  Atleast I'm not there.  lol 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was up 20 at my last dr's appointment at 28 weeks. I'm okay with the gain... I have curves now :) 

You should gain between 25-35 pounds. Some people say you loose weight later on because you aren't eating so much. Don't stress about it so much! Every pregnancy and every woman is different.  

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sounds normal to me.  I'm up 21 pounds at 30 weeks and not at all worried about it.  Normal is 25-35 pounds total for the pregnancy, and you should end up well within that range.

BabyFruit Ticker 

• 27 pounds at 27 weeks here.  I to have had a tumultuous relationship with food and weight all my life, so I hear ya.  But you have to stop worrying...and just focus on giving your baby the nutrients she or he needs.  I figure, I'm going to have to work my butt off with the trainer and do hardcore WW once I deliver, so if it's 25 pounds or 40 pounds, it makes no difference, since it's really always just the last 10 that are the hardest to lose anyways.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I gained 28 pounds total my first pregnancy, and most of the weight was gained between weeks 25-35. 

Twice I gained more than five pounds between bi-weekly appointments. Yikes. 

Charlotte March 2009 Gwyneth June 2011 Team Green March 2013
  • I've gained 22lbs as of today's appointment.  Doctor said as long as I'm not "eating a bunch of junk" that he has no reason to be unhappy with my weight gain.  I wanted to stay around 20lbs since I was a little overweight to begin with... but it looks like I'll have to be okay with closer to 30.  DH was sweet to  point out that I've been eating pretty well so I shouldn't be worrying at all.
  • I was up 29 lbs at my 30 week appointment.  You're fine.  You can't really compare yourself to others.  Everyone gains differently.
  • I'm already at 33! I can't believe it! 
    sam & arlo 

• I'm up 22lbs as of today....You haven't gained an abnormal amount of weight, that is perfectly fine! :)
  • I agree that with everyone is different. 

I just had my 30 wk appointment today and I have gained 20 lbs (OMG!). For example, for me 20 lbs is a lot because I am 5'0" and if I keep going I'll be reaching the 200 lbs (I have never weighted that much). I was trying to loose weight because I had gained so much during my 1st year of marriage, and I got pregnant. So, I need to make sure I watch what I am eating so I won't gain anymore. If you started at a healthy weight and your doctor has not mentioned it, then you should be fine.

"A wedding is a day . . . A MARRIAGE IS A LIFETIME" --- What is LOVE? 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 (the real meaning of love) Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers EDD:09.13.12 m/c:02.19.12 @ 10w3d Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imagelovelovelovelovelove:
    I'm already at 33! I can't believe it! 

You are not alone! I almost passed out when I stepped on the scale this morning. I gained 7lbs in the last 2 weeks since my previous appointment. I'm hoping and praying it was a crazy growth spurt and things will slow down tremendously from here on out!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog - Random Ramblings
  • I am 31 weeks today and weighed in at +41 lbs!!!  This is my first and I really did not expect to gain sooooo much!  I have been staying very active and eating right so I am just going to stop worring about how much I gain.  Hopefully it is all water weight and baby!!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thankyou everyone for you replys. I was feeling really crappy this morning and hearing that everyone is gaining around the same as me has put my mine at rest ALOT. I really didnt want my weight gain to be an issue during pregnancy but old habbits and hormones got the better of me.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am at 19 lbs at 28 weeks and agree we are all normal, but it still SUCKS to see numbers on scale like this.     I like your baby name - we are thinking about Harper Quinn   :)    Seems like both are increasing in popularity...possibly partially due to use in Restoration Hardware Baby catalogs/furniture collections??

• You're not alone.... ;)

I am 5'5 and an average, normal weight pre-pregnancy (size 4/6).

I'm now up 32.8 pounds. (And i'll be 30 weeks on Monday)

I was freaking the hell out but my doctor is not concerned... I think I'll end up around 45 pounds and I just need to come to terms with it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • imagebeckyTX626:

I am at 19 lbs at 28 weeks and agree we are all normal, but it still SUCKS to see numbers on scale like this.     I like your baby name - we are thinking about Harper Quinn   :)    Seems like both are increasing in popularity...possibly partially due to use in Restoration Hardware Baby catalogs/furniture collections??

we were originaly going for Harper Quinn but switched it around as a compromise as i had picked both names and DH liked Quinn better than Harper, I was happy either way because i love bothe names. We live in Australia and neither names are popular here just yet, Harper is in the top 1000, Ranks about 850 and Quinn doesnt even rank so that was another reason for the switch. :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• please...ive gained 36 and I was already up 40 from having Jacob...add that up in your head = one huge biotch of a whale :)

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • i would not worry about it at all. i have gained 26lbs at my 30 wk appt. take care of yourself and eat as healthy as possible. that's all you can do. 
  • +25lbs at 30 weeks.  

Thanks for asking this question.  I was starting to feel too big myself.  If you breastfeed I hear it burns calories, like 500 a day.  Another incentive to do so. 

• imageskrichar:
    Don't worry! I was up 27lbs at my 28 week appointment Embarrassed Doc said it was fine, and that I should slow down now for the rest of the pregnancy. I was definitely bummed, but it is what it is. At this point, I'll be happy if I can keep my total under 40 by the end. I think you're in good shape.

That makes me feel better! I was up 32 lbs yesterday at my 28 week appt. (I am 29 weeks today though) I feel like it is so much but my dr. never says a word about it. I did notice it slowing down this month as compared to the past 2 months. I hope I continue to slow down...I'd love to be under 40 also but I don't think that will happen for me. :(  As long as the baby is healthy...it doesn't really matter how much I have to lose when we're all done.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"