Success after IF

***Willis***

I know that it sounds kind of silly, but, my RE did tell me that my low ovarian reserve could be related to the fact that I got my period at 9, so young, since we lose so many potential eggs (not just 1) every month.  Basically, since the average woman gets her period around 13, my body was like that of an average 40 year old at 36, when I started TTC.

Sucks, doesn't it?

Re: ***Willis***

• *butting in*

I find this intreasting since my mom and I both started our periods when we were 10 and she went through menopause before she turned 40. I have wondered if I will go through it early too, if your theory is correct I very well might.

• When your mother went through menopause is a decent indicator of when you will, but, it's actually not related to how early you get your period.  In fact, they used to say that the earlier you get your period, the longer you likely are to have it, which is really interesting and shoots the "you used up your egg" theory out.

My mom also started at 9, like me, but, she didn't go through menopause until 50.

• Loading the player...
  • hmm. I didn't know that. BTW, Riley just saw your pic of A and said "pretty baby". Then he went to get his dolly and is now giving her kisses. I think my guy has a crush!
  • I just "awwwww"ed out loud!  Glenn looked at me.  How do I tell him she has suitors already?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"