December 2011 Moms

what are you documenting?

I'm so afraid I'll forget all the details during this amazing journey so I've been documenting almost everything.  Since I found out I was pregnant on Sunday, I've been writing in a journal on my computer.  I plan to write in it each week, and include routine information such as (in no particular order) baby nickname/name, note to baby from mommy and daddy, how far along, measurements of almost every part of my body, total weight gain, stretch marks, belly button in/out, maternity clothes, sleep, cravings, best moment this week, movement, gender, pregnancy signs, labor signs, what I miss, what I am looking forward to, things that have changed, things that have not changed.  I am also taking photographs in the same clothing once a week, in the same location in my house - clothing will be washed!  Is there anything else I should include?  My long term plan is to share this with my baby when s/he is old enough to care!  I do not plan to make this public on the internet or to family.  Is anyone else doing something like this?

Re: what are you documenting?

• I'm doing letters to my baby in the forms of journal entries. I'm not including in-depth details of how I'm feeling though, my mom has a very vivid memory about her pregnancies so I doubt I'll forget it either.  But I want to remember my emotions which is what sparked it.  I'll be doing weekly photos but not sure when I'll start, just all bloat right now.
  • I was thinking of starting a journal too, but I wasn't sure how much detail I wanted to put into it.  Like,  I don't know if I just want to keep track of things like symptoms and such, for practical use,  or if I want to include thoughts and feelings too.  I like the idea of recording my thoughts and such too but I'm not sure I'd keep up with it...I have a history of starting journals and blogs and quickly giving up on them.
    ~*Kimberly*~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • So far I've blogged every day.  It's actually very calming.  I might start doing little notes and stuff to baby in a few months, maybe frame them and hang them in the nursery.
  • I plan on doing a scrapbook/journal. I have the book, I'm not sure why I haven't started. I think I won't feel like this is real till after the u/s. I've already started taking pictures b/c I want the baby to see what I looked like before I looked pregnant. I'm not worrying about same clothes b/c I'm doing bare belly.

I'm probably going to include things about DH b/c I know he won't document. But I think it's so cute how excited he is and I want the baby to know that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
  • sorry im lurking over from the october board, but I started out keeping a journal and around week 6 when I became an exhausted nausous zombie, all I wrote was, "feel like crap, we'll write more in 6 weeks"....lol....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am doing The Belly Book journal. It has a lot of fill in type questions to help you think of what kinds of things to write.
    GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
  • I started a journal as soon as I had my BFP (Monday).  I put in my excitement, my fears (I miscarried last month), what my DH and I are going to call the baby, and then general non-pregnancy stuff as well.  I also have two daughters, so I write about them too.  It really helps me, cause my DH and I aren't telling ANYONE, until we absolutely have to, or until 12 weeks.  We are going to start weekly profile pictures next week, which will be five weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • All the babies will enjoy reading about their time on the inside!  I forgot to mention, I too have put in the feelings, emotions, what I'm scared of - basically a true journal. Everything else is just something consistent weekly.  Enjoy your writing!

• I started a blog when we started TTC and I've been writing stuff in there, but I want an actual book too.  I'm thinking of the Belly Book
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy"
    cautiously expecting #1 - grow Squishy grow!
    edd 12/6/2011
    BFP Chart
    Pregnancy Ticker

imageimageimage
  • I just started a online photobook at Mixbook.com. After the baby is born, all I have to do it print the album and keep it as a great memory!!
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagemichaela080:
    I am doing The Belly Book journal. It has a lot of fill in type questions to help you think of what kinds of things to write.

Michaela, where'd you buy this? I've been looking for it, but can't find it in stores. Should I try Amazon? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebabyonemoretime:

imagemichaela080:
    I am doing The Belly Book journal. It has a lot of fill in type questions to help you think of what kinds of things to write.

Michaela, where'd you buy this? I've been looking for it, but can't find it in stores. Should I try Amazon? 

I saw it at Barnes & Noble.  I just ordered it from Amazon though

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy"
    cautiously expecting #1 - grow Squishy grow!
    edd 12/6/2011
    BFP Chart
    Pregnancy Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Lol... nothing... thats the joy of #3...

Well, i will probably do weekly bump shots...

Rylee - 3.28.08
    Malakai - 8.3.09
    Ezra - 12.1.11 ASD
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"