Austin Babies
Options

DH just broke my iPad2

He was bringing it over to show me something and it slipped from his grip and fell on our stove. The side of the screen has a chunk of glass missing. 

I had to step outside for a minute and compose myself. I know he felt/feels terrible and that it was an accident, but *@#$&@. I've had that thing for a whole whopping SIX DAYS.

He was on the phone with the apple store by the time I came back inside. He has an appointment with them at noon tomorrow and he swears he's going to get it fixed. But they don't fix stuff like this, do they?

UGHHHHHHHHH. I should know better than to buy nice things.  

Dear Bump: You suck.

Re: DH just broke my iPad2

• Options

Sad Dumb boys. That sucks.

I think he'll need to have it fixed and add a little something for your troubles. Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Duuuuuuuude.  Rssn is in scalding hot water.  Do they have Otterboxes for iPads??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

3 words- Accidental Damage Insurance.  I get this with every electronic I can and I like to blame little hands around the house, but let's face it- I'm a clutz!

*and I'm sorry- that suucks!  I would be totally bummed!

• Options

I've heard horror stories of them getting broken right after leaving the store then getting replaced.  Is it still under warrenty?  If so, then they might replace it...

GL with getting it fixed/replaced and GL with the rssn.

• Options
    That sucks!! Let's hope the rssn gets if fixed and a new spiffy case.
  • Options
    I had terrible luck with apple care but every other person I've talked to has had stellar experiences. Hmpf. Here's to hoping they take care of it!!! And geez, I'd be ticked. :( but poor rssn, I can imagine how bad he must feel.
  • Options
    Oh no! Fingers crossed you can get it fixed!
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options

Wow, I can't imagine how peeved you were or how bad rssn felt. Fingers crossed that Apple helps him out. FWIW, every time I've gone in there, they've been awesome.

I heard a story on the radio last week where a guy returned his iPad2 with a note on it that said, "Wife says no." Apple sent him one for free because they thought that was so funny. So, maybe he can write a note that says something like, "Wife is pissed." Stick out tongue

• Options
    Take it to the Apple Store 5 days after I got my MacBook Pro I shut the screen down on a pen and it cracked my screen. They replaced it for free (it was going to be over $600 to fix). So yes they do fix things like that.
  • Options
    oh man, I'm so sorry;(  hope the apple store can do something for you (and the rssn!)!
  • Options
    Fingers crossed he can beg and plead and get it replaced.  Oh - I'd be mad about that too.
  • Options
    keadokeado member
    That sucks!  I'm so sorry. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    that sucks!! Sad i hope that they'll fix it for you!!  GL!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

That sucks! Hope they fix it for y'all (or for him, I should say!).

Last time DH messed up something at home I said, "Can I not have something nice in this house?" He replied, "No."  Boys.

• Options
    oh no. i feel for the rssn, what a terrible feeling! fingers crossed they can get it fixed for ya.
  • Options
    oh nooooo!  major suckage!  I hope rssn can get it fixed for you asap!
    image Bloom Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think they can fix it.  But it might entail them having to send it off to get fixed.  DH bought a monitor that had a bunch of dead pixels a week after pulling it out of the box.  We lugged the dang thing to the apple store and they sent it off, changed out the guts of the monitor, got it back to us in 5 days and it works great!  So I bet they can fix it.  
  • Options
    Oh wow.  I'd have a hard time not being super-PO'd, even though it was an accident.  I hope he can get it fixed for you with minimal out-of-pocket expense!  Sorry - that suuuuuucks.  :(
    No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"