Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Rash on upper lip?

DS randomly gets a rash on his upper lip.  Some days he has it, others he doesn't.  I thought at first it was a reaction to a food, but the rash shows up when I'm feeding him different things.  He's also been getting a rash on and off on his cheeks, neck, chest, and back.  I took him to the pedi and we got a medicated hydrocortisone cream.   She thought it was a contact rash more so than eczema.   It cleared up in 4 days.  Since then it's been coming back every other day in various areas. 

I switched my detergent from Dreft to a free and clear.  We use California Baby Super Sensitive body wash and shampoo.  We put Aquaphor on his face and other areas.  I don't know what else I can do.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Re: Rash on upper lip?

• Options

Does it seem to bother him?

My LO gets chapped skin below his lip on the side and his skin is so dry and scaly. I don't know how to fix it either.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sometimes it seems like it itches him.  I think daycare is using a baby wipe on his face after he eats and I have a feeling since his skin on his face is more sensitive, he's allergic to those on his face.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"