Pregnant after a Loss
Options

First OBGYN visit tomorrow

And I am so excited! After seeing the heartbeat again on Tuesday I'm going into this appointment totally relaxed. It's a wierd feeling to be excited about a Dr. appointment. I've been a nervous wreck before all the other ones. Still I'm glad the hubs is coming with me. 

Did anyone else have there DH or SO go with them? I've heard it's informative for them too. Last time I was niave enough to think he would go to the next one. I'm not doing that anymore. I want him by my side everytime!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: First OBGYN visit tomorrow

• Options

imageRachaelA:
    Mine is next Wednesday (pushed back from 2 weeks ago!). All they do is a pap, breast exam, give you some paperwork, and send you to the lab for bloodwork. No need for DH.

They really do a pap??!! She just did one in Jan. I'm refusing another. They don't need to scrap anymore down there! LOL

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine does a pap at 12 not 8 wks (first appointment). The first appointment for me was just info, they sent some medical history forms ahead of time to fill out. DH went for the first pregnancy prior to DS, he has not attended that appointment since. He has attended most of the actual appointment where you hear the h/b, u/s or status updates towards the end.
    image Nicholas loved for 28 weeks, 4/11/10
    Baby Boy loved for 15 weeks, 5/31/11
    Baby Girl loved for 16.5 weeks. 3/1/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Typically the first appt at my place is just info with the nurse and bloodwork. If that were the case, I probably wouldn't have DH come with me. This time around, I'm not seeing the OB until much later because I'm with my RE for a few more weeks. I plan to ask them what to expect when I make the appointment so I can decide whether or not to bring DH. He's coming with me to all the u/s appointments at the RE so far.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"