Natural Birth

TTC and planning for a Natural Birth

Ok, so I'm just getting started here, and I have a few questions:

What are the pros/cons of having a natural birth in a hospital, birthing center, at home, with or without a Doula, water birth, etc.  I know I want to do this thing drug-free, and thats it. 

Any suggestions for specific people/places in the Orange County, CA area?

I would appreciate any advice, story, warning, whatever!  Thank you so much!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: TTC and planning for a Natural Birth

• Based on all your questions, I would think the best place to start would be to get yourself some good books and start reading. Any one of us on the boards could talk about our personal experience but you're better off getting all sides of the issue from a variety of different books. Here is a link to a recent post about good books to read: https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/51221635.aspx

or if that doesn't work, one of the responses to the post included a link to a great list of recommendations and cautions about which books to read for natural birth:

https://wonderfullymadebelliesandbabies.blogspot.com/2009/09/what-not-to-read_4036.html

My personal favorites were Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn. The latter was especially helpful for its non-biased information whereas the former was my favorite for natural birth.

• Thank you so much!  *off to amazon to buy a book or 2*
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This is O.C. specific...stay out of Hoag if you want a low intervention unmedicated birth. If you want a hospital birth look into Saddleback. If you want a hospital birth w/ a midwife your only option in the county is with Kaiser. Otherwise check out South Coast Midwifery or Beach Cities Midwifery free standing birth centers. I repeat- stay out of Hoag. Also, chech out local retailer Granola Babies, they host a ton of great classes and have a pregnancy/birthing event coming up. Follow them on FB for details as I believe it is soon. Hope that helps! GL
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Thanks!!  I will DEFINITELY avoid Hoag!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"