May 2011 Moms
Options

2 pregnancies later, I finally had my L&D experience

I always see "My L&D experience"posts on thebump and thank my lucky stars I haven't had any scares like that... until this morning. 

I've had a horrible cough for 2 days. Like, stabbing omg-my-lungs-are-collapsing pain. My OB put me on the z-pack for an upper respiratory infection yesterday and today it was even worse. I couldn't catch my breath, my coughing was so violent I was scared.

My OB told me to head to L&D ASAP at noon. I was so scared... I didn't want to have a 35 week old baby :-( OB was concerned that my coughing was causing contractions and I'd go into labor. Well, I got home at 6. They did a chest xray to rule out pneumonia, did bloodwork for another infection, and ruled it as a really nasty chest infection. :(

So we are both fine, but I'm still in a lot of pain. They were able to prescribe a cough suppressant that I'm not allergic to, so that's helpful! I hope not everyone has to have one of these posts.

"Right beside you is where I belong... from this moment on." imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2 pregnancies later, I finally had my L&D experience

• Options
    I hear ya on this one, I've had a really bad cough and sore throat too.  The worst was coughing up acid reflux in my sleep, then swallowing it again and it burning so bad!  Ugh and yuck!  I have so many appts a week now that I'm just holding out until tomorrow afternoon at my next one to get something prescribed.  I hope you feel better soon!
    Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

11/2013- Diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis
    07/2014- emergency surgery to remove hemorrhaging cyst first RE missed, removed endo from fallopian tubes, hsg done, d&c performed to remove polyphs in uterus, femvue done, put on dexamethasone and metformin
    08/2014- miscarriage, second RE refuses to mark down in charts, switch again
    03/2016- IUI #1, waiting for results on April 17
  • Options

Ugh I hope you feel better soon!  That sounds scary :(

By the way Ally have you been to MeMo lately? 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    every so often... Usually on my phone so I don't post much. Why, what's up?
    "Right beside you is where I belong... from this moment on." imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageAllyInMaine:
    every so often... Usually on my phone so I don't post much. Why, what's up?

Big drama went down and you're going to get deleted if you don't go check in. 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"