June 2011 Moms

not so pretty belly

So, my bump has taken a turn for the worse. I always had a lovely kangaroo pouch (thanks, mom), so I expected some poofiness at the underside of my bump, but now it's starting to hang...yuck. I've definitely gained more weight than I should. I don't actually even understand the weight gain. In order to gain the weight I've been putting on I would have to eat 1100 extra calories a day...yikes. I know I'm not doing that everyday. Maybe if I had pizza everyday, but I've eaten pizza twice since I've been pg. I've read stories where women have gained 80 lbs + and lost half of it w/in the first two weeks after giving birth. This could only be explained by a ridiculous amount of water retention.

My main concern is my belly (eventually) going back to normal and not having a flab of skin hanging over for the rest of my life :( 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: not so pretty belly

• I feel you! I have that little bottom "pouch" too... I didn't have it after baby #1, but I did after 2+ .  It hasn't gone away, but I haven't been hardcore trying to make it go away (my laziness).  I think your belly going back to normal has a lot to to with exercise (stomach strength to pull things back where they SHOULD be) than diet, but I know diet helps.  Either way we can't do anything about it now, so enjoy the rest of your pregnancy :) and we can worry about getting back to normal later...  keep your chin up!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • I'm getting a Bellefit to help with my body bouncing back to normal! Looks really promising! You should check it out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The HAP - my worst nightmare!!!!  I'm scared, too.  And I'm definitely getting some kind of compression garment so hopefully that helps.
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"