Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Ds is being tsted for asthma...

and dd is also at risk of developing it later... fun times at th drs office.

Ds is too young to actaully do th test (need to b 5+) but he has all the signs of thankfully a mild case so we are treating it for  2 weeks to see if it helps.

Anyone else have a toddler that was tested for asthma?? Any advice? tia

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Ds is being tsted for asthma...

• Options
    Sorry, I don't have any advice. Today seems like a crappy day all around.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My dh has severe athsma. It sucks  and is awful when he gets sick with a cold or anything upper respitory. He knows his triggers too and that is any animal. Cats, dogs, anything with fur really, he ends up in the ER if he can't get it under control. He has had to stop going to my dads house (even for holidays) because they have two small dogs and they flare up his athsma within 15 minutes of walking in the door.

My two older kids have a nebulizer machine. They don't have a serious all the time problem like my dh does but when they get a cold, it always leads to breathing treatments (two different kinds) and steroids to get it to clear up. We just keep an eye on them when their activity increases.

So far so good with the baby though...

Good luck.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yeah, i heard about what happened... that really sucks... i hope something better comes along.

We are running to wal mart for groceries so i'll be off for awhile, but hugs to you and Gavin, !

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine hasn't been tested but it runs on both sides of our family, and he's had several wheezing episodes that have had to be treated with Albuterol. The Dr says he more than likely has it. Luckily so far it's only brought on by having a cold or allergies so it doesn't look like we'll have to have a daily regiment. I'm sorry I don't have much advice other than keep it under control with Albuterol treatments every four to six hours until he's better! Do you know the physical signs of labored breathing? Those are good to look out for. HTH.
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Options

DS1 has "viral-onset asthma", where it only turns to wheezing/difficulty breathing when he has a cold.  we have him on albuterol as an emergency med (as needed) and flovent 1X per day as a preventative.  our pedi is confident he will grow out of it...as in, when his bronciia are physically wider, he should not have this issue any longer. 

BUT, with that said, he has had the asthma issues with every cold/virus since he was 6 months old, so i personally think it is odd that your DS is just now showing signs with a virus.  maybe it was just a really bad virus/bronchitis.  good luck to you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"