October 2011 Moms
Options

stupid food - what can I eat - question

I am going to Benihana for dinner next weekend. 

Benihana restaurants are traditional Japanese hibachi steakhouses, which feature the Japanese cooking method known as "teppanyaki." From mouth-watering steak, tender chicken, succulent seafood and garden-fresh vegetables to a variety of sushi and other Japanese favorites, your meal is prepared fresh and served by a performing chef, right before your eyes.

obviously I cant eat sushi (they have that too)and I will avoid bean sprouts.  anything else you can think of that I should watch out for? 

Re: stupid food - what can I eat - question

• Options

Why are you avoiding bean sprouts? I know alfalfa sprouts are an issue for salmonella, but not bean sprouts.

I, embarassingly, love benihana and think you will be just fine with their regular teppanyaki menu. Everything is cooked through, so no worries there. The beef might be more medium to medium well, but you can either have them cook it to well or be like me and enjoy the pink steak. ;)

enjoy your dinner!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just went to a similar place last week! The soup and salad were fine, the egg in the fried rice was more than fully cooked, and I got a double order of shrimp, which I always ask for 'well done' anyways, but everything was cooked and delish! haha I don't eat the beansprouts anyways so I cant say much about those....but you shouldn't have a problem with any of the teppan items!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

OMG Benihana sounds so good.

Bean Sprouts are a nono? Even if they are cooked?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    someone told me and I think I read that uncooked sprouts are bad for you.  Usually they dont cook them, they just throw them on the top of Asian foods. 
  • Options

Bean sprouts are actually one of the only things my RE said to avoid (he's ok with deli meat, hot dogs, etc).  They are very well-known to be contaminated with e.coli and salmonella, for some reason. Luckily, I hate them and always ask that they be left out of my my dish!

https://www.ehow.com/about_5345169_pregnancy-bean-sprouts.html 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"