February 2011 Moms
Options

Baby Wise

Anyone using this method and/or read the book? 

Thoughts?

I'm thinking about trying it out in order to help the process of getting us closer to STTN.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Re: Baby Wise

• Options
    I read it before delivery and loved it. Kind of forgot some of it once LO was here so we are adjusting some things now but I absolutely love it and it has been amazing for us!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

AAP put out a warning on the original babywise methods because people were not feeding their kids and babies were going to the dr. underweight and not thriving.  There were changes made to the book to stop people from doing that but most medical professionals are totally against using this method.

I do not like this method because I believe in feeding your kids when they are hungry and letting them get themselves on their own schedule when they are developmentally ready.  If you try to do it before you may have to go back and do it again a few months later when they are developmentally ready.  Just giving you a heads up.  Don't let your child CIO under four months of age!  They do not know how to soothe themselves before that.  I sleep trained my older daughter at 6 months and it worked perfectly. 

Also, if you tell your baby when they are hungry by putting them on your decided schedule they won't learn their own hunger cues making them either overeat or undereat as they get older.  If you google babywise you will see many discouraging things about it.

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"