Trouble TTC

(intro) New and need some support

Hi everybody,

I have been lurking on this board and wondered if I could join? I feel like I have been on almost every board thebump has to offer (ttc, 1st tri, m/c, ttcal and now onto tttc (fun fun). I'll try to keep my intro brief, here it goes:

I'm 24, have been married for a year and a half and been ttc since july 2010. DH and I got super lucky and got pg on our first try. Unfortunately, or luck ran out and we lost the baby at 10wks. We have been ttc again since dec and in jan the ob/gyn nurse said I could go get everything checked out by a fertility expert just to give me piece of mind that all was well. Well, all is not well. I have "boarderline pcos", basically I ovulate but my hormones are kinda screwy. DH is fine, which is good but also leaves me feeling like the broken one. 

The plan is to do clomid this cycle and I guess an IUI (they kinda just sprung that on me yesterday). I'm having a really hard time with all of this. I feel so broken and worthless. I'm young and healthy and I yet I lost one baby and now cant seem to get pregnant again. I just feel like a total failure.

It does make me feel better to read what some of you have posted on this board and especially the graduates.

I would just appreciate any advice you might have for someone just entering the wonderful world of IF.

TIA 

BFP 08/18/10 saw hb at 6 weeks, missed m/c at 10w2d, D&C 10/01/10 Please God help us get our forever baby!

Re: (intro) New and need some support

• Hello fellow Illini!  I'm so sorry for your loss.  First let me just say you are not broken.  One in eight couples have trouble concieving.  And of those about a third, it's the woman that has the issues..so as I'm sure you've seen from lurking you have some company.  And these ladies are great.  Keep lurking, ask questions when you need to, vent when you're having a bad day.  And above all remember that we're here for support; both giving and getting.  I'm sorry you have to be here, but I think we're a great bunch of gals.  GL on your clomid / IUI cycle!

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Hey hun, welcome! SO sorry for your loss :( I'm 24 too! I do have PCOS (havent been ovulating, seeing endo 4/22) DH is fine (we think, fingers crossed!)

I know what that whole "useless" feeling is like. When I got my dx I told DH I was sorry he had to marry a woman who doesnt work right :( He was very supportive though and reassuring and the ladies here on T-TTC are so helpful, supportive, kind and knowledgable.

GL w/ Clomid, I think I am doing Metformin first (even tho I am not IR, endo thinks that might still help me) then if that doesnt work for a couple months I will add Clomid. Keep us updated and we are here for ya!! :) Hope you get your sticky BFP this time!! :D

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi there, so sorry you have to join and I am sorry for your loss.... but this is a great place for support - the friendliest board IMO! I'm pretty new myself here too and everyone has been great. GL on your journey :)
    After 15 months of TTC w/ PCOS & MFI, suprise BFP 4/28/12!
    EDD 1/5/13
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Welcome! I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope you get your sticky baby soon. Good luck with your upcoming IUI.
    TTC since 04/2010
    Ovarian cancer survivor
    DH= low motility
    2/9/11 lap & hysteroscopy- uterine polyp & scar tissue removed
    3/25/11 IUI#1= BFP m/c; D&C at 7w3d (Trisomy 16)
    IUIs #2, #3, #4 and #5= BFNs
    Onto IVF #1= BFN
    FET 4/6/12= 2 extended blasts transferred, with one hatching
    Beta 1= 607; Beta 2= 1,564; Beta 3= 24,439; Beta 4= over 64,000
    First u/s on 5/10= TWINS! Heartbeats 158 and 160!
    It's a boy and a girl!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    My Blog
    Huge congrats to my beautiful BFPB lmj8284, due June 2012!
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." -FDR
  • Hi, I'm sorry for your loss.  We have about the same history as you, got pg right away and lost the baby and then couldn't get pregnant again.  I know it is really upsetting to hear you need help and that you might not be able to have a baby with sex. 

But it doesn't so far it doesn't sound like you have an insurmountable problem.  If you ovulate, your hormone issues might not be so bad. 

Did you mean to say that you have been trying since 2009?  Because if it is only since 2010 I would say that you could give it more time.  Also, you don't have to do an IUI, just because the doc recommended it.  You are in control of your treatment.  If you want to do clomid with timed intercourse, assuming your husband's semen is okay, you can do that too.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • imageChicagoWeded2007:

Hi, I'm sorry for your loss.  We have about the same history as you, got pg right away and lost the baby and then couldn't get pregnant again.  I know it is really upsetting to hear you need help and that you might not be able to have a baby with sex. 

But it doesn't so far it doesn't sound like you have an insurmountable problem.  If you ovulate, your hormone issues might not be so bad. 

Did you mean to say that you have been trying since 2009?  Because if it is only since 2010 I would say that you could give it more time.  Also, you don't have to do an IUI, just because the doc recommended it.  You are in control of your treatment.  If you want to do clomid with timed intercourse, assuming your husband's semen is okay, you can do that too.

All of this, especially the "you are in control of your treatment." I would highly recommend doing some more research or asking more questions before blindly going into IUI. There are many ladies with full-blown PCOS who have managed to get their cycles on track with meds. And if you really have only been trying since last summer and just started back Dec./Jan., I'd really give it a little more time.

What tests has your doctor done to determine your need for clomid and IUI?

I am so, so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you've found this board. The ladies are a wonderful wealth of information and support.

Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • Welcome, and sorry for your loss. You are not alone in feeling frustrated by IF.

I hope you get your take home baby soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome! I am sorry for your loss. Good luck with whatever you decide to move forward with.
    1st Iui+Clomid+Ovidrel 8-13-11 BFP
    Beta @ 16dpiui=289
    Beta @20dpiui=1309
    Beta @24dpiui=3969
    IT'S A GIRL..MADELYNN ELIZABETH
    Madelynn Elizabeth born 31w6d's due to pre e.
    Welcome to the world princess!
    3-9-12
    3.7lbs/ 17 inches
  • Welcome & good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since Jan 09
    Jul 2010 - HSG, SA, U/S BW - all clear
    Nov 2010- Mar 2011 - 50mg Clomid, HCG Trigger & IUI 1-4 All BFN
    Apr/May 2011 break
    June 2011 - New RE, New Plan
    July 2011 - Gonal F, Ovidrel & IUI #5
    July 2011 surprise BFP on a break cycle before injects!!! Please let this be it!
    Cautiously expecting our miracle on Feb 25, 2012
  • welcome and good luck!

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• I'm sorry you had a m/c :( Hang in there because things do get better with time. Easier said then done I know. I have PCOS as well and I don't ovulate but I did for the first time this month on Clomid and Metformin. Just hang in there and I'm sure it will all work out. And during the cyles, medicines and long waits you can always vent to us!!  

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"