Babies: 0 - 3 Months

tummy time

i tried tummytime for the first time today - my DD (10days old) hates hates hates it! i couldnt listen to her scream so she only stayed on her belly for a minute or two.

my questions - is it really necessary? should i wait til shes older?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: tummy time

• At that age we put DS on the boppy pillow. He tolerated it more than just on the floor. Also our pedi said it was okay to start doing it for as long as he would tolerate it right away. At 8 weeks old he still will only do maybe 5 mins on the floor but will hang out for a bit longer on his boppy or our chest.
  • Coming from someone who didn't start tummy time right away, I highly suggest just trying it each day.  If LO gets fussy just pick her up.  But at least they will get used to the new position and those neck and shoulder muscles will get stronger each time.  

My LO is 10 weeks old and he still hates it but is just now starting to really pick up his head. So every little bit helps. 

PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • I would put Baby E on my chest for tummy time.
    Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO is a week old and he loves to lay on my chest. I put him on his mat this morning for the first time and he didn't mind it too much. He seems to like it more than on the boppy.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"