Nurseries and Baby Gear

Big purse as a diaper bag?

I was wondering if i could just use a bigger purse/tote for a diaper bag.. Is there anything i should look for?

Im just not a fan of the regular diaper bags, and dont want to spend $200 on one of the more designer looking ones!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Big purse as a diaper bag?

• Yup, that is what I do sometimes.  I do have a changing wallet though, it is a changing pad, diaper case and wipes case all in one.  I don't bring a lot of stuff with me though - nursing cover, pouch sling, change of clothes, a toy or two, changing wallet and a blanket if it is cold.
  • Thanks, i have a changing wallet as well so that should help =)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just got this bag!

https://www.fossil.com/en_US/shop/women/handbags/utility_bags/key_per_utility_tote-zb4599p.html?departmentCategoryId=30000&N=0&Va=186&Ns=p_wsc2%7C0%7C%7Cp_weight%7C0&rec=21&pn=c&imagePath=ZB4599991

I love love love it! Granted, my DD is almost 9 months old now.... But its still awesome. It has so many VERY USEFUL pockets and tons of space. But its not ridiculously huge for me to carry. It is a similar material as some other diaper bags I've found. You can basically just wipe anything off. Good luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
      Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read-in-2012 shelf)
  • I don't know what brand it is or anything, but my Grandma just bought me this giant tote baby from an LTD catalog she gets in the mail for less than $20. It only has two, fairly small pockets on the front, so I'll be making modifications to it for sure. But other than that, it's wonderful.
    February 19, 2010- BFP! March 14, 2010- M/C January 17, 2011- BFP! April 26th, 2011- It's a boy! Due September 20, 2011 May 2, 2011- Confirmed Gastroschisis August 7, 2011- Labor begins August 12, 2011- Max is born October 4, 2011- Max comes home!

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • www.reeseli.com

I love the lexington bags. They look like a purse but have plenty of storage. Also they are made in USA, which matters a lot to me.

photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm pretty minimalist and have never carried a diaper bag. Children really don't NEED all that much unless you're going to be out for a while. I have a few diapers and occassionaly formula and snacks shoved into my oversized Coach bag.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yes you can do it, just use one with several pockets or compartiments to have everything organized, and if it is waterproof even better

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"