Success after IF

Height estimate for boys

Do you double their height at 18 months or at 2 years?
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Height estimate for boys

• I've heard two years. If it is 18 months, my LO is screwed. :o)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSmudges*Mom:
    I've heard two years. If it is 18 months, my LO is screwed. :o)

I hadn't heard of this but I sure hope it's not 18 months!  

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Loading the player...
  • Two years, but I've also heard the following formula-- for boys, take the mother's height and add 5 inches, then average that with the father's height. For girls, subtract 5 inches from the father's height and average that with the mother's height. That should give you an estimate of their adult height.

Worked out exactly for me! (my dad is 6-6 and my mom is 5-8. I'm 5-10.), but not for my brother who is also 6-6. 

• I hope its not 18 months too...I just doubled it after E's 18 month appointment...and he'll be a whopping 5'2.

With the above formula he'll be 5'7

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I should also add that my older sister is 4'11

Brother in law is 5'3

I"m 5'3

DH is 5'7

Definitely not tall genes in the family.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagenicolita14w:

Two years, but I've also heard the following formula-- for boys, take the mother's height and add 5 inches, then average that with the father's height. For girls, subtract 5 inches from the father's height and average that with the mother's height. That should give you an estimate of their adult height.

Worked out exactly for me! (my dad is 6-6 and my mom is 5-8. I'm 5-10.), but not for my brother who is also 6-6. 

I have never heard this one before!  Wouldn't work for me or my bro (mom was 5 feet, Dad 6'2")  My brother is 6'6"!!  But bang on for my sister!  Weird!!!

• imagenicolita14w:

Two years, but I've also heard the following formula-- for boys, take the mother's height and add 5 inches, then average that with the father's height. For girls, subtract 5 inches from the father's height and average that with the mother's height. That should give you an estimate of their adult height.

Even doubling DS1 at 2 years makes him a shorty... I like this formula so much more!  It works perfectly for me...Not sure of DH's parents' exact heights. Hmm...I'm going to have to do this for everyone in the family now. Stick out tongue

• That's what I've heard.  But I think height genes work in weird ways.  My mom is 5'9", dad was 5'8".  I'm 5'11".  One sister is 5'9" and one is 5'4".  

My DH is also 5'11".  So we'll see what DS is...I think he will for sure be tall. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"