Cincinnati Babies

i love my husband, i swear.

but dear god, i just dont get him at the moment. Bens party is 2 days away and the house is disheveled. im running around baking, grocery shopping, making favors, cleaning, and doing laundry. He comes home and asks what he should do...i say help me fold laundry since ive got 15 loads sitting in the living room. what does he do? He starts organizing the shoes, then vaccums the couches, then says he wants to paint the playroom ceiling. WTF? dear lord grant me the serenity i need to get through this.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: i love my husband, i swear.

• Hang in there. I always get way more stressed than is necessary, prior to hosting people. That said, I get where you are coming from. The party will be lovely. Big Smile
  • I just have to laugh at his post because it sounds EXACTLY like DH-- I swear he is has undiagnosed ADD. He gets sidetracked SO easily and always waits until the worst possible time to announce he has some big project he wants to do (like painting a ceiling) the problem is the projects are always things I want done just not.right.now! I cant tell you how many times I've sent DH down to the basement to bring up laundry and 20 mins later I still have no laundry and DH has decided to organize his tools, clean the garage, etc. UGH! Drives me batty!

Enjoy this clip and try not to stress- I am sure everything will end up going perfectly!

https://tv.gawker.com/#!5501546/modern-familys-phil-dunphy-the-picture-of-adhd

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • AHHH! Ben does the same stuff too!  I feel your pain!!

I'm always running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to clean the bathrooms and the kitchen (you know, stuff people will actually see) and he starts doing stuff like organizing the junk drawer and and fixing the wobbly leg on the book case in the office.. NOT helpful!

What is it with husbands sometimes??

Good luck with party - I'm sure everything will come together and will be great!

Hannah

• Yes! I can relate completely! My DH is a big picture guy. The bigger projects bring way more satisfaction to him. I'm the one stuck going crazy over the little details and checklists. Oh how I wish could be more like him. :-)

The party will be fantastic and a certain little three year old will have a magical day.

• Dammit, Chris, get your act together!

P.S. I'm still more than willing to help you with whatever you need. I'll even clean!

• well after stomping around like a 5 year old and sulking by myself he foled and put away all of the linens, bens clothes, and our clothes so all i had to do was Nathans batch (which is confusing so i get it). whew! Lauren...funny you posted that, phil reminds me of DH in a way
  • imageJenRose05:
    but dear god, i just dont get him at the moment. Bens party is 2 days away and the house is disheveled. im running around baking, grocery shopping, making favors, cleaning, and doing laundry. He comes home and asks what he should do...i say help me fold laundry since ive got 15 loads sitting in the living room. what does he do? He starts organizing the shoes, then vaccums the couches, then says he wants to paint the playroom ceiling. WTF? dear lord grant me the serenity i need to get through this.

Well, I DID notice how shoddy your playroom ceiling looks last time I was over ;-) 

• It must be annoying husband week. I "asked" mine to take out the trash yesterday so I could finish cleaning the kitchen and he proceeded to sit on the computer for another 15 minutes.....Either that or my patience is dwindling. :-)

Good luck getting your house ready! Hope all goes well!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This was me last week.  Thankfully (or not however you want to see it) DH is technically on probation so he was on his best behavior (A story for another day).  He watched the kids and kept them busy while I ran around like a mad woman.  Sadly I have come to the realization this may have been a one off.  Don't worry and try not to sweat the little things.

Good Luck! 

DH - 42 Me - 36 DS1 -15 DS2 - 3 DD - 1
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"