I'm not sure if I'm being unreasonable or not. I've been queasy most of the day and am a bit cranky. Here's the story in a nutshell -
- want to see a certain perinatologist for a second opinion about compound heterozygous MTHFR
- hand-delivered medical records there on a Friday - the day after finding out I was pregnant - and got the impression I'd get a call that Monday to set up an appt.
- got a call that Monday and they said Dr. just went away for TWO weeks...he and wife (nurse practitioner would review records upon return)
- gave them some time after returning and called Tuesday afternoon - girl put a note on it (again) that I'm pregnant and said it would be reviewed
- just called them again now and the girl said that it looks like it was pulled today to be reviewed and she would talk to the nurse, then call me to schedule an appointment, but didn't give me any indication on when they might call.
I know they are probably busy after returning from vacation, but how many new patients could they possibly have at one time to review? They keep asking me if this doctor is going to deliver my baby and I keep telling them no, that I just want a consultation. I wonder if it would speed things up if I said yes!
Would you be annoyed? I just feel like things are going well with my pregnancy and feel so protective of it. I want to make sure I am taking whatever he thinks I should be taking to sustain it.