Pregnant after a Loss

Should the perinatologist's office be taking this long to contact me??

I'm not sure if I'm being unreasonable or not.  I've been queasy most of the day and am a bit cranky.  Here's the story in a nutshell -

- want to see a certain perinatologist for a second opinion about compound heterozygous MTHFR
- hand-delivered medical records there on a Friday - the day after finding out I was pregnant - and got the impression I'd get a call that Monday to set up an appt.
- got a call that Monday and they said Dr. just went away for TWO weeks...he and wife (nurse practitioner would review records upon return)
- gave them some time after returning and called Tuesday afternoon - girl put a note on it (again) that I'm pregnant and said it would be reviewed
- just called them again now and the girl said that it looks like it was pulled today to be reviewed and she would talk to the nurse, then call me to schedule an appointment, but didn't give me any indication on when they might call.

I know they are probably busy after returning from vacation, but how many new patients could they possibly have at one time to review?  They keep asking me if this doctor is going to deliver my baby and I keep telling them no, that I just want a consultation.  I wonder if it would speed things up if I said yes!

Would you be annoyed?  I just feel like things are going well with my pregnancy and feel so protective of it.  I want to make sure I am taking whatever he thinks I should be taking to sustain it. 

Baby Boy #1 born on 3/21/08 
BFP 8/2/10 (3w5d); No more heartbeat on 8/30/10 (7w4d); D&C on 9/2/10 (8w) - Baby Boy with Triploidy
BFP 12/3/10 (4w2d); Natural miscarriage 12/12/10 (5w4d) - Unknown cause
Diagnosed with Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
BFP 3/9/11; Baby Boy #2 born on 11/7/11
Currently TTC Baby #3

Re: Should the perinatologist's office be taking this long to contact me??

• That is extremely frustrating and I would not be pleased. Honestly, I would just find another doctor to consult with. It's ridiculous that it's taken that long. I set up a consultation with a high risk doctor last week and was seen the next day (he's from the same hospital as my doctor, but it is a different practice). I hope you get it sorted out soon!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP 1: 3/19/10 Loss: 7/9/10
    BFP 2: 12/28/10
    My Blog: Losing Sylvia
  • I would call them and tell them that you are going elsewhere for a 2nd opinion because they are taking too long...then thanks for your time..LOL
    They will either call you asap or forget it
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My peris take forever to call back for appointments. It's atrocious. I have had the most success by having my OBs office call directly for me. Can your OB or nurse call and set something up for you? I get results in minutes rather than days with this approach.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • imageGummybear:
    My peris take forever to call back for appointments. It's atrocious. I have had the most success by having my OBs office call directly for me. Can your OB or nurse call and set something up for you? I get results in minutes rather than days with this approach.

This is not a bad idea.  Maybe I'll see what tomorrow brings.

Baby Boy #1 born on 3/21/08 
    BFP 8/2/10 (3w5d); No more heartbeat on 8/30/10 (7w4d); D&C on 9/2/10 (8w) - Baby Boy with Triploidy
    BFP 12/3/10 (4w2d); Natural miscarriage 12/12/10 (5w4d) - Unknown cause
    Diagnosed with Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    BFP 3/9/11; Baby Boy #2 born on 11/7/11
    Currently TTC Baby #3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"