November 2011 Moms

Tornadoes in Tampa

So we have an odd sighting in Tampa, tornadoes!  Lots of tornadoes!  My neighbor just texted me that our fence is torn up, power lines are all over the streets, we have no power and no water.  I know a small airport had planes that were tossed around and a building with a collapsed roof.  So far there have been 4 reported sightings (last I read the news anyway).  This is nuts!  We're much more prepared for hurricanes than we are tornadoes!

Re: Tornadoes in Tampa

• That is so crazy! I hope everything is ok at your house!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow, yeah I don't think of FL as tornado country. Stay safe!
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, really? I hope you and your family are safe and sound with no property damage. I've never heard of tornadoes in Tampa and I'm from St. Pete.  They're usually in Largo or you see water spouts and stuff. Ahh, FL weather.  I miss the insanity of it sometimes :)
    imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yikes! I'm originally from Tampa and my family lives there - including two sisters and their kids, etc.  I'll have to give them a call to make sure everyone is ok!  You stay safe!
  • We're all safe and have power and water restored.  Our fence is covered by our homeowner's insurance so we'll get that taken care of too.  It's just nutso weather!
  • We just lucked out in Sarasota! Everything went just north of us! Kinda glad...didn't want to have to shove 18 four year olds under their tables this afternoon! Hope you all are ok!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"