3rd Trimester
Options

Tired of ppl using MY pregnancy as an excuse...

We started working on our house months ago. We planned to remodel our entryway (new paint, textured ceilling, new baseboards, added trim, new lighting, new wood flooring,etc.) This project was something we were determined to get done before DS arrives. The remodel would run from the entryway, down the hallway and into the kitchen (which was not on a timeline.)

My c-section is sched for 10 days from now. Everytime I talk to somebody (fam/friends) and they ask what we're up to I tell them still working on the house. They ALL feel obligated to tell me I shouldn't make such a big deal about it, nobody cares what the house looks like, I should relax blah blah blah.

No, I will be having a SURGERY from which I will need weeks to heal once baby arrives PLUS the lack of sleep and adjusting to a new (haha- dare I say) "schedule" with a newborn and a toddler. If we don't get this done it will be pushed back for months due to Easter, DD's 2nd birthday, etc.

We are on the final steps, laying the floor and then quarter round and we're D-O-N-E. Honestly, hearing ppl tell me that b/c we have a baby coming I shouldn't do sh*t but sit around and wait makes me want to do more. So today while DD napped I took the power tools into my own hands and made some major progress. It was not hard, I did not over exert myself and I kicked a$$. my floor looks fantastic and DH and I should be able to wrap it up this weekend.

Anybody else get this friend their loved ones?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tired of ppl using MY pregnancy as an excuse...

• Options
    I honestly could have written this myself! we are in the EXACT same boat. we are doing things to our house also before LO is here and if I had a quarter for everytime someone has told me I need to relax and nap with DS, id be a rich woman! UGH... people these days
  • Options

Yes I do all the time.  Although I'm not giving my house's entryway a face lift, but I have put DS crib together, although my fiance carried the pieces up stairs.  I was holding my best friends daughter Liberty down some stairs, and Liberty's grandma asked, should you be doing that.  For crying out loud the girl is only 20 lbs and 20 lbs for a person (I think) feels alot different than a 20lb box or something. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LOL, I am in the same boat...we moved the week I got pregnant and I am still full steam ahead to get everything done before my c-section.  Everyone keeps telling me the same thing, even my DH!!!  I want to kick his a$$ more than anyone else though because I just want my projects finished so I can focus on both kids after and not stress about the house.  Good luck I hope you get it all done!!!
  • Options

Wow it's like I'm reading my own life. We closed on our first house the week of Christmas and are still working on it. (I'm due May 8th)  We remodeled the entire kitchen and had painting and other stuff to do (lay tile etc).  Even at almost 8 months pregnant I have been painting rooms, painting trim, and helping DH with other stuff.  The only thing that p*sses me off is that the ONLY help we have received has been from my both parents and his mom. We both have brothers, sisters and sister-in-laws, brother-in-laws that have no offered to help AT ALL.  Now I know it's OUR project and our doing..but the fact that I'm almost 8 months pregnant and am doing all this work, you would think something would click inside of them that they would at least offer to lend a hand.

And yes my sister is really the only one that said to me "why are you doing all this you should be relaxing and don't hurt yourself"...and I say to her "and how do you expect this work to get done" (it's not like her husband offered to help at all!)

So I just say to people I'm pregnant not dead lol

Good luck with everything.,.we are hoping to be moved in within the next 2 weeks. 

• Options

Honestly if your not OVER doing it then go right ahead and get the house done, b/c once your LO is here it will be difficult to get the house done. I have been putting everything together for my LO (crib, carseat, stroller, swing, etc..) the only thing my DH has done is carried everything inside for me. And of course his dad the WHOLE time ive been PG has been telling me not to do this not to do that. Forget that im going to do what i can while i can b/c once my DS is here i wont have time to put anything together. So i say do what you can while you can.

• Options
    I get this a lot too!! Its really annoying. My doctor says "You can do anything you are used to doing"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We were just finishing a major home renovation project when we found out I was pregnant, so I never had to deal with folks telling me what not to do around the house. But, my mom (bless her) seems to think that I'm a very delicate flower and will do my child irreparable damage by continuing to have a normal, active life.

For instance, my DH and I enjoy hiking. A couple of weekends ago, we went on a very easy 5 mile hike. It was a great day, and it did me a world of good to be outside in the fresh air moving around. But the minute my mom heard about it, she was all "Oooh, girl, you need to take it easy! You shouldn't be exerting yourself!" Jeesh! I'm just pregnant! I'm not running 5 miles a day at this point, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to move off the couch either!

Good for you for taking care of business and getting that entryway work done! Sometimes when the mood strikes, you just have to go with it.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    1/2015 November Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Fails
  • Options
    good for you!  as long as you feel good and don't feel like you're over doing it, you are good to do whatever you want :).  the more you get done now the less you have to do once the baby comes!  and when you're done with it, you can send some of your motivation my way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"