March 2011 Moms

My induction is now cancelled

I feel 110% better having cancelled it.  He said he only scheduled it to "put me out of my misery" which, while I truly appreciate it, I'd really rather give my body a fighting chance.  He said my over-all pregnancy health and my seizures aren't currently an issue and the baby is really healthy so there is no hurry.  I felt slightly like a fool calling to cancel but I've been tossing and turning on this every night since he told me and I just felt a really strong pull to not do it.  So now I go for an appointment on Monday to see how I'm doing -- though I'm still pulling to have a baby this weekend.  Here's to some massive OWTs!

Now off to tell my friends and family and hear lots of complaints about how inconvient it is...

image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: My induction is now cancelled

• So proud of you for trusting your body!  If you feel better then you know you did the right thing.  Sending labor dust your way :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • go you!! sending labor/healthy baby dust your way!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! I know my family and friends aren't completely pleased but I feel completely at peace with this decision. DH said he's sad that he now has to work tomorrow but I know he feels better about it too. We both really want me to be able to go as natural as possible and I know I'd have a tough time if I was attached to an IV all the time.

image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Good for you!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • congrats to you and good luck and labor dust for this weekend!!
  • Good for you.  I am hoping to not have an induction either.  I am due today, and had a Dr. appt and NO PROGRESS (UGH).  Monday I have an u/s, NST and an exam.  I guess we will see what Monday brings.  Maybe something will bring a baby before Monday!
  • Yes I'm glad you made a decision you feel good about. 

Here's hoping we all go into labor this weekend! I will be trying just about every OWT there is.

• imageErin2903:

Yes I'm glad you made a decision you feel good about. 

Here's hoping we all go into labor this weekend! I will be trying just about every OWT there is.

Yes, let's definitely all hope for labor this weekend! Glad your Dr was willing to let you wait. Hopefully our babies come before we absolutely have to have inductions!

• Glad you made a choice you are happy with! Good luck with everything ... I definitely understand the frustration of being overdue at this point! I happened to find a spicy eggplant noodle bowl on the menu at the restaurant where I went for lunch today, so we'll see how those two OWTs (spicy and eggplant) work for me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Good for you! :) I went into labor at 40 wks 2 days and it was totally out of nowhere. I had NO progress up until then. I really hope your LO comes on their own this weekend!
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • Good for you!  Now make DH have more sex!  LOL

• Good for you for sticking with your intuition! Sending lots of labor dust your way!!

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • AmzyAmzy member

imagegullterre:
    So proud of you for trusting your body!  If you feel better then you know you did the right thing.  Sending labor dust your way :)

I don't have anything to quote but just noticed that we both have the same birthdays and both of us had our babies on our birthdays! Pretty cool!!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"