Success after IF
Options

Poll: Where were you when your water broke?

It has always been a great fear of mine that my water would break, say, at the make-up counter at Macys Stick out tongue

Given my history, I was induced with DS, and am scheduled for a c-section this time around (next Thursday!) - but DH reminded me the other day that I could still, theoretically, go in to labor on my own before then! 

So, entertain me with your tales - where were you when your water broke?

Re: Poll: Where were you when your water broke?

• Options
    In a hospital bed with a resident's hand up my hoo-ha (for the intent of breaking it). :)
    *** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • Options

Getting K's carseat inspected at the local hospital.

I was only 37 weeks so I thought the weird pain I was having (like I had to poop) was just that. Got home, went to the bathroom and when I was done I realized there was still something trickling in the toilet.

I asked my husband if he thought my water broke and he said, "Well, the last time MY water broke..." Smartass. :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

In bed!  (2:15am) 

i was wearing a panty liner and we had a waterproof matress pad, but fortunately, it was more of a gradual leak - not a huge burst.

ETA:  I felt/heard a pop that sounded like popcorn popping, before I felt the leak.  Pretty cool.  Also, there was a huge splash when Cal was born, so I think not all of the fluid at leaked out, even though it had been 20 hours since my water broke!

Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    On the OR table.  ;)

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

For Reed, I was in the bathroom when it initially broke...I went back to bed and when I stood up it really started gushing.

For Penny, I had a small high leak for about a week.  I had my fluid levels checked and they were continuously fine so I had to wait it out.  They really broke the bag to get my water going at 41 weeks.  And man, when it breaks all at once in a bed and you are already 6-7cms...it was insane.  Water everywhere!!

Ask Reems about this one!  Hers broke at work with Katen.

• Options

Thankfully I was on bedrest and stuck at home, because that thing came gushing lol

I had just had my left over Thanksgiving dinner and wooosh...

Can I just say it was most traumatic riding up the crowded elevator to delivery -10 floors and that amniotic fluid has a certain scent to it. My mother kept whispering to me, "You will never see these people again" (H was parking the car)

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options
    In L&D in labor. I stood up to go to the bathroom because I preferred to weather the contractions on the toilet and boom - big gush of water everywhere - comical really in that it was a lot of water...way more than I expected.  And yet, despite the big gush DH reminds me that I said "oh, I think my water broke" -- ya, I think so...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In my bed around 1 am. Woke up, hopped up and thought I peed myself.
    Cricket's Cadence
  • Options
    In bed, 6am, half awake and POP! I already had towels under the sheets and Dh ran to get more. I was in labor for 2 days and my water seemed to gush out with every contraction, change of position etc...I had no idea there was so much! I mean I know you keep making it, but still!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageschmoodle:
    In a hospital bed with a resident's hand up my hoo-ha (for the intent of breaking it). :)

Change resident to my doctor and you have my answer for both.  I've never had my water break on its own. Maybe next time.

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

With Stella my water broke in bed.  Thank god I had on a gigantic pad and was able to run to the bathroom in time for another major gush.  I was SHOCKED by the amount of fluid that came out.  It didn't stop for the longest time.  Maybe TMI, but I remember the nurse putting a pad between my legs while I was in labor because every time I had a contraction, more fluid would come out. 

The 2nd time, my doctor broke my water and very shortly thereafter Hadley made her appearance. 

• Options
    With dd1, my dr broke it. With dd2, I was sitting up getting my epi. I had to go to the bathroom and I felt a pop. I told the nurse that, either my water broke or I had peed myself. It was definitely my water and I had to sit in it while the dr put in my epi. I could feel it gush with each contraction. So gross!! Lol!
  • Options
    I was in bed, felt a leak, ran to the bathroom, sat on the toilet....and woosh. I *just* made it.
    Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    In bed--I lept out of bed just as it gushed out of me.  And I mean GUSHED!  I've always heard that it trickles our of you but that was not the case with me.

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI

• Options
    PS... I am so excited for you! How in the world has your pregnancy gone by so fast?!
    Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

• Options

In the whirlpool tub at the hospital.  I definitely felt it pop, even though I was submerged and couldn't feel any actual water come out.

My DH was so relieved - the most traumatizing thing for him from our childbirth class was the illustration of having your water broken with the little crochet-hook thing.  He begged me to not have to need that...as if there was anything I could do about it!

TTC since 11/05...ectopic pg 4/08...early m/c 6/09...BFP 10/5/09!
    Nora B...June 15, 2010...8lbs, 8oz...Med-free birth!

TTC #2 since 7/11...cycle #3 of Clomid + IUI = BFP
    Malcolm...September 21, 2012...8lbs, 6oz...Another med-free birth!

• Options

DS#1. Over the toilet, while in the hospital, in active labor 6+ cm dilated

DS#2. At 3am in the morning, while asleep, 3 weeks early.

• Options
    Despite having LO at 41w6d, my water never broke. Well, I take that back. . . It *may* have broken while the nurse was wheeling me from the over-flow L&D room to my actual L&D room, but I think that I just peed myself. LO had made absolutely NO progress or movement towards the exit. I swear, if it were up to him, I think he'd still be in there!!

Ummm, how did you get so far along! I like you (and Charla, too) just announced your BFP! Though, other people's pregnancies go by so much more quickly! Have you and your DH made any progress on naming Baby Girl?
  • Options
    I was at home getting ready to go to work in the morning. An hour later and my water would have broken right in front of my class! I am so thankful that it happened here at home.
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    imageALY1981:
    In bed--I lept out of bed just as it gushed out of me.  And I mean GUSHED!  I've always heard that it trickles our of you but that was not the case with me.
    The thought of a very pregnant lady leaping out of bed make me giggle! You must have been one nimble pregnant lady! I lumbered at that point in my pregnancy!
  • Options
    Mine broke around 1am on my due date! I was laying on the couch since I couldn't sleep. I was shocked because I was so sure I was going to have to be induced. Good luck next Thursday!!
  • Options

Partially in bed at home and then when were were getting ready to go to the hospital it fully broke and I was standing in a puddle in the bathroom.

A friend of mine is a physician and hers broke while on rounds at the hospital. She said she was very thankful for her lab coat!

• Options
    imageGuitaristsGirl:

It has always been a great fear of mine that my water would break, say, at the make-up counter at Macys Stick out tongue

I am picturing you at the make-up counter at Macy's at Green Hills!! At least it's not carpeted!
  • Options
    In my LD bed - both times. The doc had to break my water.
  • Options
    One of the twins' sac broke at 35w6d at 4am while I was in bed.  I was wide awake, as I couldn't sleep, and my contractions had started getting more regular a few hours before that.  Just the day before, I was at the OB, and had ZERO signs of labor/dilation and I still had my cerclage in place.  I felt a pop, and then it started gushing.  Very surreal feeling!
    TTC #1 since 6/07, Dx = Ovulatory dysfunction, DOR, and autoimmune issues ~ 4 Clomid cycles, 1 Femara Cycle, 6 Injectible IUI cycles~ 4 Chemical PG's ~ IVF #1 Dec '09 = BFP!! Beta 8dp3dt = 68 10dp3dt = 276 16dp3dt = 1511 ~ First U/S 1/14 = 3 Heartbeats!!! Lost Baby C at 8w5d Emergency Cerclage at 22wks saved our babies lives Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I too had a fear of my water breaking in public, and that's exactly what happened.  It was the evening before my shower and a friend had flown in from out of state to attend. We went to a local outdoor shopping mall and stopped in a restaurant for dinner.  My water broke right there at the table while I was eating.  I was only 34w6d and DS was breech so I was a bit surprised, to say the least!   

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageSmudges*Mom:
    imageALY1981:
    The thought of a very pregnant lady leaping out of bed make me giggle! You must have been one nimble pregnant lady! I lumbered at that point in my pregnancy!

Ha it was not pretty, I definitely waddled Smile I was so scared of getting the mattress wet, pathetic! 

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI

• Options
    imageSmudges*Mom:
    imageGuitaristsGirl:

I am picturing you at the make-up counter at Macy's at Green Hills!! At least it's not carpeted!

I know!!  At least knock on some wood or something while you say that!  So thrilled that tomorrow's my last day of work so at least, hopefully!, I'll get away with it not happening here Wink 

• Options

Right in the middle of the pasta aisle in the grocery store.  Clean up on aisle four!

But, I actually checked out lol

• Options
    In bed.  I went to roll over and my water broke.  I thought I peed myself then when it didn't stop I realized what was going on.
  • Options

imageLoveMyGirlz:
    In my bed around 1 am. Woke up, hopped up and thought I peed myself.

this...only it was about 5 minutes before my alarm was set to go off.  It was not a huge burst though.  Went to the bathroom to pee but it was like I kept peeing...only it didn't feel like peeing... and then it clicked and I started freaking out :)  I was 37 weeks.

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Options
    I was at home and DS was born about 5 minutes later. My fear was that it would happen in the middle of a meeting.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options

I was also in bed (3am), felt a trickle and went to the bathroom. Went to lay down and it gushed a little more. Ran back to the bathroom, called Dr and it gushed more. In the car to LD it gushed a big one, through 3 large towels and still soaked DH's front seat. He was not happy with me!

• Options

With DD#1, it happened in the early morning in bed.  It was a slow leak.

With DD#2, it happened in the hallway of my doctor's clinic after my membranes had just been stripped.

• Options
    In the hospital. It broken when they were checking how dilated I was.
  • Options
    imageMyColonyNJ:

Right in the middle of the pasta aisle in the grocery store.  Clean up on aisle four!

But, I actually checked out lol

Our childbirth teacher said to drop a jar of pickles if it broke in the grocery store if you wanted to camouflage your water breaking.  :)

Mine didn't break until I was at 7 cm and had just broken down and gotten an epidural (I was so tired - don't clean the house for the first 6 hours of labor).  Epidural, water broke, time to push!  She was out within 50-60 min. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was at the hospital in my L and D bed 6 cm dilated and the Dr broke it for me.
  • Options
    KMB7KMB7 member
    3:45am Got up to use the restroom and felt strange. I had a slow leak. I sat on the toilet, it never gushed. Jumped in the shower and then woke DH up. I remember sitting on a beach towel waiting for him to be ready to go to the hospital. 
    TTC since 7/06, found out about PCOS on 8/31/06 Dec.2007~ Metformin 1500mg, prenatals, Femara 2.5mg)(cd3-7), Gonal F 100iu(cd5-?) and Ovidrel with TI. DH~ antibiotics to improve motility (cd1-10)
    Beta #1 15dpo 298, Beta #2 18dpo 1048
    Family Blog
    Infertility Blog
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers image
  • Options
    In the hospital with the OB intentionally breaking it...both times. :)
  • Options
    In my living room on my couch at 38w3d.  I had JUST gotten home from dinner when it broke.  It was the WEIRDEST thing ever.  I never thought that I'd do into labor on my own.  But I'm so glad I did!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"