Pregnant after a Loss

Scared about Serenity

I know most of you ladies feel like this because we've all had a loss. But sometimes I will just sit and cry because I'm absolutely terrified that my little Serenity will be gone like her brother. I lost Aj at 8 months and I don't think I can get excited about Serenity coming until after 8 months. Even then it'll just terrify me even more because I'll still have that "what if" in the back of my head. I don't think I can truly get happy until she's here and crying. I haven't told any friends, just my family about her. I'll talk to them on the phone but when they ask me to come over I just say I'm out of town or I'm stationed somewhere else. I feel bad I have to lie to my friends about this, but I don't want to get their hopes up and I don't want to get super excited just for the same thing to happen again. I love my daughter with all my heart, I just don't want to get emotionally attached just to lose another one that has grown, flipped, tossed, turned, kicked, elbowed, and given me heartburn, hahaha. I rub her, talk to her, and tell her I love her everyday. But I also beg and plead that she doesn't leave and plead with God not to take her away. 

Thank you ladies for being there, I just needed to get this off my chest. I tell DH, but I feel like he HAS to say everything is going to be ok because he went through it with me and he's married to me. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"