Upstate NY Babies

NBR: Junk removal

Any ideas on how we can get some stuff removed from our old house? DH and his dad felt the need to tear down a little wall in our attic (FIL loves to invent projects) well there is still a pile of wood up there. DH insists there is too much to box up and bring up here to deal with or burn off in a fire pit or something.

I think we should just bring it to the curb for bulk trash day (which will be about a week after we close on the house) As long as we let them know ahead of time I don't see a problem with that.

I've looked into renting a dumpster (bag) but they bring a crane - and I think that may be tricky with the city streets and alternate parking since you can't choose the day they come. Any junk removal place will need to come and give a quote and so I have no clue how much that would cost.

Any ideas? Should we just have a bonfire in the middle of North Buffalo?

Re: NBR: Junk removal

• I really don't know.  But I thought you had sold your other house?
  • We did - and we close in two weeks...left this to the last second, of course.
  • Loading the player...
  • how much is there? you are allowed one large item per week to put at the curb, so maybe your DH could go there once a week on garbage night and put a box out? I don't know how out of the way he works from the old place, but if it's not far then it might be worth it to not have to pay someone.
  • We have rented many dumpsters (we have renovated 3 houses now). 

Can you upgrade your garbage can size?  Dh likes to cut up stuff.  Like when we ripped out our old vanities, he cut them up into little pieces!  Even the vanity tops (particleboard with laminate top).  Also he has taken stuff to the dump, I think you pay by weight - but you'd prob need a trailer or truck.

• Oh and you'd be surprised what people take on Craig's list.  You may want to consider listing it!  I had people showing up for 20 year old used toilets and scraps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"