High-Risk Pregnancy

**Weekly Lovenox Ladies Check-in**

Hi Everyone,

Its time again for our weekly check-in.  This check-in is for anyone dealing with clotting disorders, or for anyone doing once or twice daily shots of Lovenox, Heparin, Fragmin, Arixtra, etc. (you are also welcome if you are on any other blood thinners - coumadin, aspirin, etc.)  This is a place for us to share our frustrations, worries and triumphs.  What?s new this week?  How is everyone feeling?  How are your bruises?  Here is a link to our injection tips, https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/47421976.aspx

This is the growing list of Lovenox Ladies:

Lan715 (Protein S def) ? 4/4

ButterBean13 (MTHFR homo and Protein S def) ? 4/10

Sweetgirl425 (FVL and APS) ? 4/21

Kramer2009 (LA) ? 4/22

Clotho! (previous PIH) ? 4/26

BeachGirll (APS and MTHFR) ? 5/1

Janjag (Prothrombin mutation, and previous DVT and PE) - 5/4

Chelsea_ems_fire (Prothrombin mutation) ? 5/4

MommyHarrison (FVL) ? 5/16

Brandioohoo (FVL ) ? 5/23

Waterfly (FVL and previous DVT) ? 5/24

Cdnvb4 (FVL and previous PE) ? 5/24

Peacelvr74 (DVT) ? 6/6

Ginsing (FVL and MTHFR) ? 6/10

ebbieL (FVL) ? 6/27

Mhtepa (MTHFR) ? 7/7

Abergale (FVL) ? 7/8

MoonPieMama8 (previous PE, AA) - 7/11

LoveDEEPly10707 (previous DVT) ? 7/14

Bonjay (MTHFR) ? 7/16

Damabo80 (MTHFR homo) ? 7/17

Harmsmomma (APS, LA) ? 7/19

Sletcr (Prothrombin mutation and MTHFR) ? 7/22

Sky1154@aol.com (FVL) ? 7/23

Pookums (Prothrombin mutation) ? 7/25

trpIL06 (FVL) ? 7/27

Mrs Case (MTHFR) ? 8/4

Aprileckhart (previous PE) - 8/8

Mmiller0512 (protein C) ? 8/10

Denisedugger (APS) ? 8/11

CHI-06 (FVL) -  8/25

Festivus (FVL homo) ? 9/19

J0977 (MTHFR) ? 10/1

ChrissyDipi (FVL homo) ? 10/16

CakeBatter (superficial leg clot) ? 10/19

Artzyfartzy16 (DVT) ? 10/21

CILLAJ8 (PE) ? 11/7

If this is your first week checking-in, please let us know your EDD and the reason you are on blood thinners.

QOTW:  This is the anniversary edition -- Today marks one year that we have been having a Lovenox Check-in!  What were you doing this time last year?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

Re: **Weekly Lovenox Ladies Check-in**

• Congrats on the one-year anniversary! A year ago I was working furiously on my dissertation (I wish I still had that motivation as I still need to write a chapter and a half!) and planning my upcoming wedding to DH.

• Happy one-year anniversary! Hi, this is my first checkin and so I'm cautiously joining in and saying hello. Last week I found out the wonderful news that I am pregnant again and my EDD is 12.01.11. I have Factor V Leiden (hetero) and this is the first pregnancy that I will be on BA, Folgard, and Lovenox 40mg. I started the injections last week and am only six days in, so still finding it daunting and trying to find the best injection spots. I'm still clumsy and unfortunately I had a little bleed at the site this morning. Hoping things get easier. 

Wishing everyone a very H&H 9 months. I am so happy to know there is a place where we can come together and check in weekly. Thanks for this!

QOTD: Last year this time I was getting ready to move from Canada to the US. It was a very busy time :) 

BFP #1 (baby Jude) M/C 11.09; BFP #2 c/p 01.10; BFP #3 (Little Bear) Missed M/C, D&C 09.10 at 12 weeks; BFP #4 c/p 01.11; BFP #5 our precious baby boy, born 11/20/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on the one year anniversary. At this time last year I was making the appointment to get my IUD removed so we could start trying. I was also getting use to having a black lab that was almost 2 years old in my life.
  • congrats! yay! well i am not taking anything for thinners yet... tho i go see a high risk dr on the 13th n my ob thinks i will be put on something i had p.e.'s they think from taking the pill back in the day.... sooo i figured i would jump in and say hi!

i have a ? but does taking this shot do anything diff to your body while your prego? just wondering....

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • .: WAVES:. Im new. been doing the lovenox shots for a week now. Im so glad I saw this posts! I was feeling all alone

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am going in today to start Lovenox shots for the first time. I developed a Protein S deficiency after my 5th child. I had two miscarriages ,4/1/10 and 12/4/10. I found out I am pregnant and my EDD is 12/9/11. I have had c-sections with all my other children, so was wondering if anyone else had them too while on Lovenox?Thanks!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • One year ago I was at home on maternity leave nursing my new baby girl :)  She would have been 3 weeks old then... So I am sure I was tired but in lala land... :)

So last night stuck the needle in and then could not push the plunger to get the Lovenox to go in.  Any idea why this would happen anyone?  I have never had that happen before.  and it hurt when trying to push it in too.  Switched to my right side and everything went fine...

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • You can remove me from the list. I had my little guy on April 26th at 35w. We're both home and doing great. T&P to everyone else still waiting the arrival of their LO. I'm so glad to be done w/ all the injections.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Wow a year ago even though I knew we would be trying soon all our focus was on house projects. We were 1.5 years into our marriage.

• I"m not pregnant, but I spent 3 years on lovenox and was on it through both pregnancies.  Towards the end of pregnancy #2, I was switched to heparin.  I had a stroke when I was 25, so both pregnancies were high risk.  Just coming over to let you guys know there's a light at the end of the tunnel and all the injections, bruising, burning and aggravation is all worth it :)  I was injecting 2x a day with 80ml... not fun, but I have two healthy, beautiful girls now.  Good luck with all of your pregnancies!!
  • imageCHI-06:

One year ago I was at home on maternity leave nursing my new baby girl :)  She would have been 3 weeks old then... So I am sure I was tired but in lala land... :)

So last night stuck the needle in and then could not push the plunger to get the Lovenox to go in.  Any idea why this would happen anyone?  I have never had that happen before.  and it hurt when trying to push it in too.  Switched to my right side and everything went fine...

that used to happen to me a lot and it would hurt if i forced it.  i would just take the needle out and try another spot... sometimes you hit a bruise that's below the surface or sometimes the soft tissue is just.. not soft lol  it's common, though!  good luck :)

• I dont see my name on the list although I have posted before for weekly checkin. Im on lovenox for Factor V heterozygous Im due 10/10
    imagefignewt74:

Hi Everyone,

Its time again for our weekly check-in.  This check-in is for anyone dealing with clotting disorders, or for anyone doing once or twice daily shots of Lovenox, Heparin, Fragmin, Arixtra, etc. (you are also welcome if you are on any other blood thinners - coumadin, aspirin, etc.)  This is a place for us to share our frustrations, worries and triumphs.  What?s new this week?  How is everyone feeling?  How are your bruises?  Here is a link to our injection tips, https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/47421976.aspx

This is the growing list of Lovenox Ladies:

Lan715 (Protein S def) ? 4/4

ButterBean13 (MTHFR homo and Protein S def) ? 4/10

Sweetgirl425 (FVL and APS) ? 4/21

Kramer2009 (LA) ? 4/22

Clotho! (previous PIH) ? 4/26

BeachGirll (APS and MTHFR) ? 5/1

Janjag (Prothrombin mutation, and previous DVT and PE) - 5/4

Chelsea_ems_fire (Prothrombin mutation) ? 5/4

MommyHarrison (FVL) ? 5/16

Brandioohoo (FVL ) ? 5/23

Waterfly (FVL and previous DVT) ? 5/24

Cdnvb4 (FVL and previous PE) ? 5/24

Peacelvr74 (DVT) ? 6/6

Ginsing (FVL and MTHFR) ? 6/10

ebbieL (FVL) ? 6/27

Mhtepa (MTHFR) ? 7/7

Abergale (FVL) ? 7/8

MoonPieMama8 (previous PE, AA) - 7/11

LoveDEEPly10707 (previous DVT) ? 7/14

Bonjay (MTHFR) ? 7/16

Damabo80 (MTHFR homo) ? 7/17

Harmsmomma (APS, LA) ? 7/19

Sletcr (Prothrombin mutation and MTHFR) ? 7/22

Sky1154@aol.com (FVL) ? 7/23

Pookums (Prothrombin mutation) ? 7/25

trpIL06 (FVL) ? 7/27

Mrs Case (MTHFR) ? 8/4

Aprileckhart (previous PE) - 8/8

Mmiller0512 (protein C) ? 8/10

Denisedugger (APS) ? 8/11

CHI-06 (FVL) -  8/25

Festivus (FVL homo) ? 9/19

J0977 (MTHFR) ? 10/1

ChrissyDipi (FVL homo) ? 10/16

CakeBatter (superficial leg clot) ? 10/19

Artzyfartzy16 (DVT) ? 10/21

CILLAJ8 (PE) ? 11/7

If this is your first week checking-in, please let us know your EDD and the reason you are on blood thinners.

QOTW:  This is the anniversary edition -- Today marks one year that we have been having a Lovenox Check-in!  What were you doing this time last year?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • I couldn't believe how expensive it was when I picked up my first month of Lovenox shots!! I asked about generic and the pharmacist gave me some song and dance about they don't make it often and it is so hard to get. True? What have you all heard out there? Also, I was on aspirin before, do you all still take it with the Lovenox? I forgot to ask my doctor on Friday!Thanks!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • imageamandar72:
    I couldn't believe how expensive it was when I picked up my first month of Lovenox shots!! I asked about generic and the pharmacist gave me some song and dance about they don't make it often and it is so hard to get. True? What have you all heard out there? Also, I was on aspirin before, do you all still take it with the Lovenox? I forgot to ask my doctor on Friday!Thanks!!

there is no generic lovenox. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"