September 2011 Moms

Hands Down Best Birth Story...MUST READ

I have been following this blog for awhile and was introduced to it around this stage of my first pregnancy. This birth story puts it all in to prospective. It is wonderful and Kelle's blog is a great read...

https://www.kellehampton.com/2010/01/nella-cordelia-birth-story.html 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hands Down Best Birth Story...MUST READ

• Oh I have her saved in my list..I cant remember how I found that page..But I love her photography and I read that story last year. Yes
  • imageAzrayla:
    Oh I have her saved in my list..I cant remember how I found that page..But I love her photography and I read that story last year. Yes

I love her photography too. I feel like a sub-par mom when I read her stuff! The birth story is great to read when you get bogged down in the bs of showers, gender and all that stuff that seems so important. I also find it interesting that her scan didn't detect anything.  

• Loading the player...
  • I came across that a while back as well, and it really touched me.  Thanks for sharing it--I'm going to have to read it again!
  • I blog too and came across hers through another blog I follow a few months ago. So sweet!
    BabyName Ticker
    www.homeofthehonakers.blogspot.com
  • imagechandwy11:

imageAzrayla:
    Oh I have her saved in my list..I cant remember how I found that page..But I love her photography and I read that story last year. Yes

I love her photography too. I feel like a sub-par mom when I read her stuff! The birth story is great to read when you get bogged down in the bs of showers, gender and all that stuff that seems so important. I also find it interesting that her scan didn't detect anything.  

I thought that too... but then she is so lucky that Nella doesn't have any of the typical down syndrome afflictions... no whole in her heart, etc. She has met all her milestones... they are so very lucky she is so healthy. Wondering if that's why nothing showed up on the scan? And was she talking about the NT or anatomy? She never specified... would be interested to know.

Our friend has a nephew with DS and that poor little boy has had over 6 surgeries in the last 3 years.

• Holy Moley...I am bawling...thank you for sharing.
  • I am literally a mess. Mascara running, snotty nose and all. Thank you so much for sharing this.
  • imageMrsVain:
    I am literally a mess. Mascara running, snotty nose and all. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Yup, crying my eyes out.  What a beautiful and emotional story! 

• I am sitting at my desk with tears running down my face, what an incredible story!  Thank you for sharing the link, I'll have to start following her blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I loved it! Big bawl fest over here. :) My sister has downs, and so full of sunshine like her little girl. So precious!! :) Made my day.
  • I just bawled...and I mean blubbered...here at work.

BabyName Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageTraycee1242:
    imagechandwy11:

imageAzrayla:

I thought that too... but then she is so lucky that Nella doesn't have any of the typical down syndrome afflictions... no whole in her heart, etc. She has met all her milestones... they are so very lucky she is so healthy. Wondering if that's why nothing showed up on the scan? And was she talking about the NT or anatomy? She never specified... would be interested to know.

Our friend has a nephew with DS and that poor little boy has had over 6 surgeries in the last 3 years.

I can't remember whether it was the NT or anatomy. I guess I would assume both but she just talked about the other week because it was Down Syndrome Day. 

• Wow- just sobbing over here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That story makes me cry every time.  It's been in a couple of magazines as well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"