Babies: 9 - 12 Months

XP from 6-9: Anyone ever been on a cruise with a baby?

My family and I are going on a cruise to Bermuda in May.  DS will be 10.5 months (9.5 corrected age).  I have a few logistical questions:

1.  He is EFF.  How did you wash & sterilize bottle parts?  How did you mix the formula if you used powder?  Did you have to make each individual bottle or would they give you a fridge to keep in your room?
  2. If you wanted to heat up baby food, was there a way to do that?
  3. How did you give LO a bath?
  4. How many/what types of toys did you bring?
  5. My travel agent said DS won't be allowed in the pool because he will still be in diapers.  Any way to get around this?  Alternatives?  (aside from going to the beach when we get to Bermuda, I'm talking about what to do while we are on the ship.

Anything else I should know?

BFP 8/18/09 cycle #7
    Missed m/c 9/16/09 (7w6d, baby measuring 6w1d)
    D&E 9/25/09 at 9w1d
    BFP 11/25/09 1st cycle after D&E
    DS born @36w2d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    ~~~Labor Buddy to And Ketch~~~ BFPB to LoveBeingAWife33008

Re: XP from 6-9: Anyone ever been on a cruise with a baby?

• 1. We just packed dish soap in our bags and washed them in our bathroom sink. 2. There is no microwave in your room. When we wanted to heat bottles, we used the inroom coffee maker to make hot water. Otherwise you would probably have to go to the buffet and see if they have a microwave. 3. LO just had to shower with us. We didn't have a tub. 4. Luckily when we went DS wasn't walking or crawling yet so we just brought lots of stuffed animals, rattles, crinkly toys. He played with water bottles all the time then too. 5. On our ship they were pretty strict about the diaper rule. We saw them ask several families to remove their children from the pool. Sorry.
      Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    • I can't answer all questions because my DD is BF.  We're going on a cruise in August when DD will be 13 months so it'll be a little different.
      1. If you wanted to heat up baby food, was there a way to do that? 
                On my honeymooon cruise I remember that we had a fridge in our room.  But we had a mini suite so that may have been why.  There is going to be so much food and a huge variety of food on the ship.  You can either back jars of babyfood for your DS or you can give him table food from the buffet.  
      1. How did you give LO a bath?
      We bought a blow up tub from One Step Ahead.  We're going to blow it up when we get there and just leave it in the closet when we're not using it.  I know the bathrooms aren't very big but I think we'll manage with the tub.  We'll then deflate the tub when we're leaving so it can be easily packed with our luggage.
      1. How many/what types of toys did you bring?
      At almost 10 months my DD is a huge fan of books and blocks.  For your DS I would bring a few books and a few small toys.  You don't need to go overboard with it because you'll most likely be out of your room and moving around the ship.  He'll be too interested in everything going on around him to even want the toys.  
      1. My travel agent said DS won't be allowed in the pool because he will still be in diapers.  Any way to get around this?  Alternatives?  (aside from going to the beach when we get to Bermuda, I'm talking about what to do while we are on the ship.
      I remember from my honeymoon cruise that people (diapered babies) were kicked out of the pools.  You can always give it a try.  The worst they will do is tell you to get out.  There are tons of activities to do on the ship.  I'm sure you guys will find something other than the pool to entertain you and the baby.  

Have fun!  I am going to Alaska on my cruise so I know the weather wont be nearly as warm as your trip.  Enjoy the cruise!   

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
      This discussion has been closed.
      Choose Another Board
      Search Boards
      "
      "